Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Absolutely pathetic performance, what even is our game plan or tactics? We just pass sideways, backwards, sideways, the odd triangle which results in going backwards again anyway. We’ve got no creativity, nobody brave enough to have a go or beat their man, nobody to take the game by the scruff of the neck and grab us a result from nowhere.

Getting sick to death at how stubborn Rodgers has been after this lockdown, only 3 subs against Watford and left the subs far to late again today to make any real impact, we even waited for Brighton to make the first move which was 3 attacking changes! 

The starting XI today was just laughable.

3 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Really really bad. No idea how Rodgers can watch that first half, with Barnes, Youri, Perez, Praet, Albrighton on the bench, and not make a sub until 70 mins - 3/4 of the way through the match! 

It can only be stubbornness. Arguably his darkest hour as Leicester manager (selection, motivation, substitutions). Very Puelesque.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Wtf were you watching?😂 Gray had very little influence on the game. It was a standard performance for him when he starts. He’s only effective as a sub.

Gray started off well (and should have seen more of the ball in the first-half), but faded. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Captain... said:

When people talk about lacking match sharpness, that is what they mean.

We're not sharp enough, we've lost that instinctive, play and we're badly missing Ricardo. JJ did ok, but Ricardo is the best rb in the league (well maybe TAA) but we miss him so much defensively and going forwards.

.. I really think you are clutching at straws!!!

We have been playing like this for ages. You know exactly how the game will go as soon as they step out on to the pitch.

Chelsea won't try to stifle us but they could bring their U18s with the same tactics as Brighton and we wouldn't have an answer.

Rodgers will go safe as usual, we won't be able to get out of first gear, it will be a long day.

• Like 1

I hate pre season matches for this exact reason, game played at a tippy tappy pace, more about fitness than performance, or entertainment, this stinks of pre season.

Ricardo is a massive miss, we have no quality out wide, and if they don’t up the tempo soon I can see us in europa league not champions league.

What a horrendous performance. No urgency whatsoever. Rodgers needs to give his head a wobble. What a strange team selection. Does he want to win the game??

please stop passing sideways and backwards and get at the opposition.

Just phone the season in Brendan, lose every game 3-0. Its better than getting my hopes up for every game and feeling like the players are just getting it over and done with.

I don't tend to get overly emotional about football but I'm f**king fuming that most of them can pay off my mortgage weekly turning in performances like today and Saturday. 

I think most of the frustration comes from the fact that we've had the same issues for years. Struggle against anyone who comes organised and defensive unless they've made a mistake and noone can come up with a solution or a plan B or C, we still have no alternative for Vardy who we may as well play on the bench in these games. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

They were unmotivated and unimaginative in equal measure. It was the sleepiest I've seen a Leicester side in a long time, and they'd rightly deserve a rocket for their lack of commitment. I'm not sure it'd be right for Rodgers to administer it, though, seeing as his flashes of inspiration and unflinching belief in a purposeless and predictable slow passing game are an even bigger problem.

As the season progresses, I find myself wondering more and more what his ideal of football is. Maybe he genuinely thinks you achieve high-velocity passing football via full backs bombing up to the halfway line, stopping and then restarting play from 25 yards back, ad infinitum. Or playing twenty passes with no sort of intensity or attacking drive whatsoever in order to get absolutely nowhere, and without pulling a single opposition player out of their station. Not to mention the number of times we play ourselves into a cul-de-sac and have to go long anyway, albeit in desperation.

For the second game running the entire midfield has looked out of sorts, and the problem doesn't seem to be which exact formation we play, or which combination of wingers we field. There's no cutting edge, and while you'd be right to worry for the form of Maddison, Perez, Youri etc., you have to wonder if we can simplify things to 'it's this guy's fault', or 'oh no, all of our creative players have become ****'.

We can't blame the shut-down either because things had been going this way up until the Villa. The exact combination of players isn't the problem, it's the insistence on a brand of football which is often quickly sussed unless you have the quality to make it unpredictable. And while we clearly have a very strong squad, it's not at that level. So if Rodgers wants to make this work now (instead of after a flurry of Congerton-inspired newbies in the summer) there is going to have to be a rethink. And some serious b******ings.

By far the biggest bollocking tonight should be Brendan Rodgers bollocking himself for not playing his best team and setting up timidly against a team we should be looking at taking 3 points from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Gray started off well (and should have seen more of the ball in the first-half), but faded. 

He didn’t really have any influence on the game and was subbed later than he should’ve been. For me he should’ve been hooked off at half time alongside one of the holding midfielders at least. 

40 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have achieved 12th. You missed my point anyway. We don’t have a player that can make something out of nothing like Mahrez. A game changer.

I think everyone is overreacting.

I like the balance of Barnes, Maddison and Perez over the reliance on a 1 good game in 5 Mahrez, and Vardy being asked to play a completely different role. 

It’s like pre season, really hard to judge anything, both teams were shocking, movement , first touch, passing. It’s shocking and all games have been the same since the restart. And I think the target is the FA cup, 5th will

qualify for the CL so not really an issue,’if we draw every game we will

be in the CL. I think the season has restated to early, honestly feel for the players 

I'm sorry but show some passion Brendan! Your team looked fed up today and clearly not happy. The players in the leadership group looked p***ed off - kasper, chilly, vards etc.... and you want them in the dressing room motivating the team?!  They all looked angry and frustrated. Maddison looked frustrated beyond belief. The tactics were wrong and should have been changed a lot sooner!  Try Chilly or Youri taking the corners and free kicks as madders is not on it at the moment. Why he didn't play Praet, Youri or Barnes I don't understand? He is messing around with the team too much so is it any wonder they do not get chance to gel with one another? As well as a shocking performance the biggest realisation for me was that team is not happy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Let’s talk about Vardy. 

How can you knock his goal record. Brilliant and tbh how he’s scored so many goals consistently is a credit to him and I love him to bits.

But, how often do we go through a whole game and not see him. Touch maps shown halfway through the first half and he has one touch. Are we not playing it to him or does he just not offer that much at times? I actually think the latter as it’s always what I felt when I saw him play for England. 

He really doesn’t offer much at all against a team set up defensively. He doesn’t score many at all from outside the area, and his link up play around the box is poor. He’s a great goal scorer though, and don’t get me wrong one of the best in the league, but when we’re playing shit you can’t rely on a long ball over the top to be converted by him all the time. The problem is even bigger when the rest of the team isn’t chipping in with goals either. 

we really need someone of quality to push him, it seems like Iheanacho is never going to be consistent enough and Perez seems to be a winger now. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Without this sounding funny. 

Its the same as the Liverpool game then with Van Dijk flicking on? Cags handballing.. that got given. 

No bastard consistency in this country. 

the main difference being that Oliver gave it 

if mason gives that then var wouldn’t over rule 

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Don't think we ever played like that tbf.

We did under shakey .......

If Man City are expelled from Euro competition next season, what is the lowest position that qualifies for European spot this season? 

Just wondering how many more points are likely to be needed for a Europa spot at least.