Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

We're running out of time - and points - quickly. Lose to Chelsea and we're in big trouble.

TBH, I'm now fully beginning to prepare myself for the crushing despondency that a failure to qualify for the CL will bring.

We've been absolutely f**king beyond minging since Christmas. I'd hoped that the break would stop the rot and refresh the players and the approach, but it seems to have gotten even worse, if anything. 

Chelseas an FA cup game

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Dreadful performance. Setting up with two defensive mids at home against a team who have won once this year is not on.

I have questions, Brendan. Lots of questions.

Has Brendan already got another job lined-up I wonder?

What is the nonsense with not making subs until 70th minute, then making another one in less than 5 minutes?

Whole club looks like it's settled for 6th place, so maybe that's where we belong. No European footy for us I'm afraid.

Wolves, Man U look like they have hunger, we look knackered and confused.

No wonder the fans are staying away.

7 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Bravo. So true. Any other manager would have been slaughtered. Since Christmas BR tactics  have been awful. Terrible substitutions and very strange formations. He still thinks he's coaching in Scotland

Makes me wonder if there was more in those Arsenal links and he's lost his mojo with us now if we denied the move, he never went out his way to deny it himself..

• Like 1

Wouldn't have really mattered if we'd beaten Watford....yet here we are, Man Utd will beat Sheff Utd and our once 14 point gap will be 6.....but apparently top 4 will be a breeze.

And do we have to keep blaming our poor results on bad decisions, we've become such a bunch of whiners, people seem to forget decisions that go in our favour, every team will have decisions go against them, the manager and players have no-one to blame but themselves.

Guest ttfn
7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We're comfortably 3rd after 31 games yet we're not one of the 4 best sides in the league?

Get a grip, **** sake.

Personally I think you’re in cloud cuckoo land if you think we’re one of the top 8-10 best sides in the league at the moment (and for a long time before the suspension) let alone the top 4.

Spurs finished 3rd comfortably last year but there is not a chance they were one of the 4 best sides in the league by the end of the season. By October Pochettino was gone with them in 15th.

Magnificent October and November have clouded the fact that there are a lot of better sides than us. And despite the fact that they’re stumbling over themselves with their own inconsistency, the gap is closing all the time. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I mean I watched it really and I just want corona to come and take me.

A bad bout of corona genuinely seems more favourable than watching any of our remaining games. We are so bad 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hales said:

Kasper looked furious and Vardy looked pretty fed up! 

Vardy looked like he did when he played for England and under Puel.

I can't blame him when he gets no service in this shite style of football.

People were quick to say we'd been found out in our old style, but we've been persisting with this shite new style, in transition for nearly 4 years now, how much longer are we going to give it without even a slight glimmer or improvement - if anything it gets worse.

Shocking game shocking ref says it all really. How can vardy score when we aint playing to his strengths. Thought it was a strange call putting mendy in and dare i say but maddison really needs to come off corner duty some of those deliveries today and against watford were pi$$ poor.

Edited by dobbylcfc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dobbylcfc said:

Shocking game shocking ref says it all really. How can vardy score when we aint playing to his strengths. Thought it was a strange call putting mendy in and dare i say but maddison really needs to come off corner duty some of those deliveries today and against watford were pi$$ poor.

I can't for the life of me imagine why Maddison is still taking corners. Is everyone else that bad?

9/10 of his deliveries all season have been woeful.

• Like 2

Just now, Gamble92 said:

Quite obviously meant the childish shithouse we ended up with. No good to use with that attitude was he?

If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have achieved 12th. You missed my point anyway. We don’t have a player that can make something out of nothing like Mahrez. A game changer.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Vardy looked like he did when he played for England and under Puel.

I can't blame him when he gets no service in this shite style of football.

People were quick to say we'd been found out in our old style, but we've been persisting with this shite new style, in transition for nearly 4 years now, how much longer are we going to give it without even a slight glimmer or improvement - if anything it gets worse.

You say that, but we are sat 3rd.

It has been dire for a little while, but what have we lost since before Christmas? We just seem lethargic on the ball, slow, ponderous and too structured.

Before then, we were zippy, incisive but still good at keeping the ball.

It's just frustrating because we, as fans, know the team can do it.

Player ratings from the Sky Sports News App match report 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12013348/leicester-0-0-brighton-neal-maupay-denied-by-kasper-schmeichel-from-spot

Player ratings

Leicester: Ryan (6); Lamptey (8), Webster (6), Dunk (7), Burn (7); Stephens (5), Bissouma (6), Mac Allister (6), Connolly (7), Mooy (6); Maupay (5) 

Subs used: Duffy (7), Trossard (6), March (6), Murray (6) 

Brighton: Schmeichel (7); Justin (5), Evans (7), Soyuncu (7), Chilwell (6); Ndidi (6), Mendy (6), Maddison (6), Gray (6); Vardy (6), Iheanacho (6) 

Subs used: Barnes (6), Tielemans (6) 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1