Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Not even Britain's woeful refs and VAR handling and destract from that horrid show of football from both teams. Leicester must be the most boring team to watch with the centre-back tiki taka. Not impressed.

Just now, CloudFox said:

I think it was checked. He was falling as it happened, but all the same we've seen them given.

We've had a player block the ball with a hand, the KDB blocking the ball with an arm and now a Brighton defender smacking the ball with his forearm. None resulted in a penalty 

• Like 1

When people talk about lacking match sharpness, that is what they mean.

We're not sharp enough, we've lost that instinctive, play and we're badly missing Ricardo. JJ did ok, but Ricardo is the best rb in the league (well maybe TAA) but we miss him so much defensively and going forwards.

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Let's be honest, our season has built on one run of form, we have been shite away from that. 

So easy to play against at the best of times, even more so when we start like that. If you don't make a mistake we don't score. 

We are not in the 4 best sides in the league, without a doubt. 

We're comfortably 3rd after 31 games yet we're not one of the 4 best sides in the league?

Get a grip, **** sake.

• Like 1

We’ve been found out.

But we knew this before lockdown.

We continue to play shit total football without the personnel to do it.

I’m all for the transition. I really am. But the ball retention without players willing to take on players or move and pass forward and be creative says there’s something not translating between the practice ground and match day.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we beat Chelsea at the weekend but priorities are the top 4 that’s where the cash is - sorry purists, but if we want to grow - we need CL this season or we may not see it again.

Lets be honest now - we fear all sides. We can’t play our new style and beat top six and we now can’t play our style and break down mid table teams - of which we are one of on form right now.

So how do we move forward?

Edited by Swan Lesta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Tonight was worse than Puel. Let's not forget that the players couldn't stand him- Rodgers has been praised to the hilt for his management. The players looked like they were coasting, so little urgency. I'm hoping a jolt of Wolves winning a couple will wake them up but we need to improve hugely in virtually all areas.

Let’s talk about Vardy. 

How can you knock his goal record. Brilliant and tbh how he’s scored so many goals consistently is a credit to him and I love him to bits.

But, how often do we go through a whole game and not see him. Touch maps shown halfway through the first half and he has one touch. Are we not playing it to him or does he just not offer that much at times? I actually think the latter as it’s always what I felt when I saw him play for England. 

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

The French commentator on RMC Sport described Leicester in one word 'Insipide'!  Couldn't have put it better myself!

Haha the English have got a few good’uns an ‘all...and at the risk of sounding cynical I can’t say I’m at all surprised. Just got a sense of malaise as the French would say

Waiting for the Brendan review “we deserved to win and should have had a penalty there.”

Maybe a penalty but we didn’t deserve to win and we’re poor.

I think we really are suffering from the no fan situation. We’re really lacking inspiration from anywhere.