Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

Guest ttfn

May 2008 was the last time I felt this low

about our club.

”But we’re still 4th” etc doesn’t cut it.

Its the same issues rearing their heads time and again.

Rodgers is an egomaniac, I feel stupid for falling for him earlier in the season. Replacing Nacho with Praet was absolutely ridiculous and clearly so at half time.

The team has absolutely no personality. When the going gets tough they **** off. It doesn’t help that Ricardo’s not there but let’s face it he’s not going to hang around to play with this bunch of wet lettuces next season is he?

Absolutely abdicated every single big game this season. And that’s why today is so disappointing - because in the first half Ndidi and Tielemans grabbed hold of the game. They had passing options ahead of them and the movement was fluid with Perez coming in off the left. And then Brendan’s ego took over and here we are. Losing 4-1 to a Bournemouth side with 3 goals in their last 5 matches. Even Solanke scored ffs.

I’m a firm believer that the manager sets the pattern of play and that the players’ responsibility is only set within those parameters. It’s why I was willing to give Puel time. Rodgers is setting us up not to get beaten and when we do manage to take a lead (today was the earliest goal we’d scored for 7 months) he immediately throws away the initiative.

Edited by ttfn

Guest ttfn
Just now, peterborofox said:

Can't wait to hear the latest shit from Rodgers.

Probably blame the sun in Kasper's eyes or something like that.

Outstanding effort from the group.

Too many injured players being replaced by garbage, Justin is not that good, where did this Bennett come from... a lucky bag, Tielemans is poor and was not worth the money, nachoman has as much skill on the ball as me, Schmeichel always has a cock up in him. We’re basically reliant on an aging striker and opposition gifting is goals.

Just now, ttfn said:

about our club.

Rodgers is an egomaniac, I feel stupid for falling for him earlier in the season. Replacing Nacho with Praet was absolutely ridiculous and clearly so at half time.

The team has absolutely no personality. When the going gets tough they **** off. It doesn’t help that Ricardo’s not there but let’s face it he’s not going to hang around to play with this bunch of wet lettuces next season is he?

Absolutely abdicated every single big game

this season. And that’s why today is so disappointing - because in the first half Ndidi

and Tielemans grabbed hold of the game. They had passing options ahead of them and the movement was fluid with Perez coming in off the left. And then Brendan’s ego took over and here we are. Losing 4-1 to a Bournemouth side with 3 goals in their last 5 matches. Even Solanke scored ffs.

I’m a firm believer that the manager sets the pattern of play and that the players’ responsibility is only set within those parameters. It’s why I was willing to give Puel time. Rodgers is setting us up not to get beaten and when we do manage to take a lead (today was the earliest goal we’d scored for 7 months) he immediately throws away the initiative.

Not often we agree with each other mate but I think you're absolutely spot on here.

I am genuinely speechless at what I've just seen.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I've said they should both take their share mate, but I don't think you can blame the sub for Kasper putting his boots on the wrong feet, he half arsed it with all the time in the world and we collapsed 

Yeah, Kasper's kick was crap and Soy completely lost the plot. Still we went from total control to schoolboy errors en masse and that is on that ridiculous sub. B'mouth were crap, devoid of any kind confidence and we should've piled the pressure on until we got that 2nd goal. Instead we packed the midfield and played for the one nil. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

That first half I genuinely thought Bournemouth were worse than Southampton away.

That was just purely mental, nothing to do with talent and that’s really fecking scary.

And when that happens you want to stamp on them, not sit back - which was what taking off Iheanacho did.  If you want to do that, at least start the 2nd half with the same lineup then adjust it.  When you back off, you give the other club a chance to find their game - which they did.

• Like 2

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Too many injured players being replaced by garbage, Justin is not that good, where did this Bennett come from... a lucky bag, Tielemans is poor and was not worth the money, nachoman has as much skill on the ball as me, Schmeichel always has a cock up in him. We’re basically reliant on an aging striker and opposition gifting is goals.

Maddison and Chilwell haven't exactly been amazing though have they? Our only consistent good performer is usually Ricardo and Kasper (the majority of the time).

It's not a player issue IMO, it's a mentality issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just to say as well - he’s getting free of criticism but Soyuncu you deserve a big fine for what he did. He was reckless all game, it was brewing but he effectively killed the CL chances in that moment 

He was at fault for their second ...... why he was defending the box with no one in it instead of engaging solanke is just a mystery .......

The club can hurry and give me my refund because they’re not getting another penny out of me* Absolutely disgusted with the lot of them but especially Rodgers, he can **** right off 

*until next season :ph34r:

No need to change anything at half time a goal for nacho would have been a confidence boost for the rest of the season we could have easily put another 2 or 3 away they looked so bad at the back every time we went forward. Kasper is an idiot for tht goal kick stop trying to be clever. Cags lost his head and now misses the end of the season we have 2 inform teams to play and 1 that will get a horrible result against us no doubt. Make your subs when you are 3-0 up and the game is won not invite teams back on to you at 1-0. 

I have never been so annoyed after watching a game of football we should have easily won

Just now, st albans fox said:

He was at fault for their second ...... why he was defending the box with no one in it instead of engaging solanke is just a mystery .......

He was fortunate with the push because I’ve seen them given. Before that he just started hacking the ball away in frustration 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just to say as well - he’s getting free of criticism but Soyuncu you deserve a big fine for what he did. He was reckless all game, it was brewing but he effectively killed the CL chances in that moment 

I never want to see him play for us again. That was every bit as a disgrace as Kermogant. Bin him off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttfn said:

about our club.

Absolutely abdicated every single big game this season. And that’s why today is so disappointing - because in the first half Ndidi and Tielemans grabbed hold of the game. They had passing options ahead of them and the movement was fluid with Perez coming in off the left. And then Brendan’s ego took over and here we are. Losing 4-1 to a Bournemouth side with 3 goals in their last 5 matches. Even Solanke scored ffs.

A real ring of Sheffield Wednesday at home in 2008 about tonight. Starts off well but gets progressively worse until you just feel weirdly numb.

• Like 1