Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

First fifteen of the second half wasn’t that bad - we still made openings and looked half hearted about trying to take them .....and then we committed football suicide ..... saying that the half time sub put us onto the back foot isn’t such a clear statement - they changed their shape to be much more attacking at the same time .......

we were controlling the game until kasper’s brain fart (although that could be said to be unlucky) - cags has no excuse .....

1 minute ago, aaron0072002uk said:

Where are Chilwell and Maddison? Convenient they are both out with niggles while being linked with ‘big moves’

Exactly. Everyone knows they aren’t injured and will be sold in the summer. What happened to being contracted to a club. 

Just now, hejammy said:

Might aswell close this thread. What's the talk about? Team and manager are shite. End of thread. - better thread would be - wtf is happening/happened in that dressing room as something is not right. Talk or players being pissed off that Rogers allegadly asked to speak to Arsenal back in Dec? 

Wish he went to Arsenal now. Not been the same since. 

That defeat today actually feels like it could be another Wycombe moment it really does.  Spunked away the likelihood of champions League and with it some of our brighter players might leave and then what happens? Tonight is a huge huge screw up in terms of the direction we want to be going in

• Like 1

This football club honestly ruins me. I am so angry and upset after this game. Genuinely feel like the stuffing has been knocked out of me. 

We are given a lifeline by Sheffield United and we throw it away. I don’t know what Rodgers is doing taking off Iheanacho. He’s consistently been tactically too cautious when defending leads. He has to take much of the blame. 

As does Schmeichel who has been our best player since the restart, but massively let us down tonight. Soyuncu should be ashamed of himself, he’s let us all down. 

It’s the hope that kills you. I feel like i’ve said that top 4 has been over multiple times since the restart, but this really feels like this is the last straw for us this season. 

We only have ourselves to blame. That’s the saddest part. I’m so gutted.

• Like 2

You get the feeling that the players don't even care.

Jonny Evans at the end there ****edup that header and didn't show any desire to make amends. Just let the lad have a free shot.

We won't be in the Champions League next season. I still think that Man City's ban will be upheld but I can't see what points we're going to get from our last 3 games.

Brendan Rodgers has completely lost the plot. I would love to hear what thought process he had when he decided to change the shape at half time. 

• Like 1

I would love to be a fly on the wall in our dressing room after that shit show. And half time actually but that's a different matter. 

There's bound to be some harsh words for some. And so there should be. 

Would love to see a reaction on Thursday evening but can't really see it happening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Defensive lineup yes but then when you take of Iheanacho at half time - you send the wrong message.  Instead of taking the match, you're start subconsciously playing not to lose.  Sackable offense by a manager with so much at stake.  

100% agree and this is not the first time!

Also that bench sums up Brendan's approach. I know our squad is thin but jesus, 4 defensive midfielders who offer **** all going forward, 2 CBs, 1 goalkeeper and 2 attackers. Grim. Any other manager would pop a youth striker on the bench at least when we need a goal and we always need one currently.

• Like 2