Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Shambolic, pathetic, unprofessional, disgraceful, plenty more as well.

Just can't believe how appalling that collapse was. The game was comfortable for over an hour, they looked barely interested, then in three minutes we give away a penalty in the most needless way possible, go behind and a key player is off, ruining this game and his next three.

Want this season to end now, have little hope in the last three and expecting a stormy end to the season. We have pissed away a glorious chance to get into the Champions League this season- I really feel for the likes of Vardy, Evans and Ricardo who deserve to be at that level.

Raging at the staggering ineptitude from 63 minutes onwards.

Dont quite agree, from the KO in the 2nd half we were on the back foot, their goal felt inevitable.

• Like 3

Well never expected that, even before kick off I just couldn't see us losing this despite our poor run up of late. Going a goal up at half time just seemed so simple Bournemouth looked so poor. Some silly tactical decisions cost us big time, it was like a light switch second half. I'm sad to say this is probably the champions league out of the window. Preying for a miracle tomorrow night...both off and on the field in Manchester. Been a while since I seen a Leicester team look so hopeless in the second half.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

A real ring of Sheffield Wednesday at home in 2008 about tonight. Starts off well but gets progressively worse until you just feel weirdly numb.

That Sheffield Wednesday side was probably better than this Bournemouth one

Let’s be brutally honest we are nowhere near being a true top four side.

- Any of the other contenders would have been so far out of sight at half time they would have been beaten into surrender, one dodgy substitution would have made no difference.

- Individually we just don’t have the mentality. Brendan shoring up a 1-0 against a side offering absolutely no threat. A keeper playing his ‘Triumph or Disaster’ risky short pass at 1-0. Our central defender losing his head and getting a straight red. 

- We have no spine, no fight, no aggression. We don’t go for the jugular. Any side that offers any kind of resistance and we go into our shell. 

That was pathetic. Put the kids out for the last three and let’s save ourselves the humiliation of European football in any form. 

• Like 2

Do not expect us to win every match but do expect us to at least try and that was as embarrassing, spineless. gutless performance as i can remember and that is including the Pleat side. Used to live in Cheltenham so a home game was a 180 odd mile round trip to a home and many a time i would travel back after a game thinking having had to change shifts and bust a gut to get to a game i had put in more effort to get home and back than the players had put in on the pitch. Feel the same tonight about putting more effort in than the players and i only had to walk upstairs and put the tele on

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

May 2008 was the last time I felt this low

about our club.

”But we’re still 4th” etc doesn’t cut it.

Its the same issues rearing their heads time and again.

Rodgers is an egomaniac, I feel stupid for falling for him earlier in the season. Replacing Nacho with Praet was absolutely ridiculous and clearly so at half time.

The team has absolutely no personality. When the going gets tough they **** off. It doesn’t help that Ricardo’s not there but let’s face it he’s not going to hang around to play with this bunch of wet lettuces next season is he?

Absolutely abdicated every single big game

this season. And that’s why today is so disappointing - because in the first half Ndidi

and Tielemans grabbed hold of the game. They had passing options ahead of them and the movement was fluid with Perez coming in off the left. And then Brendan’s ego took over and here we are. Losing 4-1 to a Bournemouth side with 3 goals in their last 5 matches. Even Solanke scored ffs.

I’m a firm believer that the manager sets the pattern of play and that the players’ responsibility is only set within those parameters. It’s why I was willing to give Puel time. Rodgers is setting us up not to get beaten and when we do manage to take a lead (today was the earliest goal we’d scored for 7 months) he immediately throws away the initiative.

Agreed. Embarrassing is too nice a word for that disgusting performance from the players and especially the manager.

In 50 years of supporting the club I can’t recall ever feeling so angry. Given what was at stake and the lousy opposition, that second half really was the pits. 😡

• Like 2

I'm usually pretty positive.

I sometimes disappointed when we're crap.

But I think this is the first time I've felt genuinely angry.

Completely our own doing. Utterly embarrassing.

For the first time in a long, long time I'm not even looking forward to our next games.

Win that game and we were as good as booking our place in the CL draw. Our second half capitulation was perhaps the worst I have seen by any team in 60 years of watching football. Bournemouth were pathetic in the first half and there for the taking, and although the individual errors were horrendous we inexplicably surrendered the initiative. In my view, Rodgers negativity underpinned this dramatic reversal and he has to take full responsibility. It's all about next season now and although Rodgers has many qualities I honestly don't think he's the man to take us forward. When the chips are down he hasn't got what it takes to win the big games. His 'achievements' at Celtic do not provide an effective counter argument. 

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Lets not forget Ake got injured as well. They were dead and buried at half time and rodgers just through away all momentum with that substitution. Insane management 

Indeed we should have gone for the kill.

They lost their best player and then win the second half 4-0.

• Like 1

I’m not a Rodgers fan...I’ve watched him a lot at Celtic and people may have laughed but what he did walking out mid season tells a lot about this charlatans character.Ok we are fourth but the wheels have come off since Christmas.In that time,he has not being able to change it around.I for one wouldt be disappointed to see the back of him.We need to change our style and dare I say it,change the focus of attack from Vards.People asking who to bring in,plenty out there.I hope Rodgers goes.

Hopefully the whole Champions League is behind closed doors next season and I won’t be arsed about us bottling it.

I actually hope Man City’s ban is uplifted because I can’t face us bottling 5th too. 

Even solid players from this season like Ndidi, Evans and Kasper have massively let us down.