Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think seeing us lift the cup yesterday might have cemented Kane's decision to leave. He was at the club at the same time as Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel. Those 3 now have both the FA Cup and Premier League winner's medals, whereas he hasn't won anything.

People talk about top 4 and many of our fans even said they would prefer the top 4 over the FA Cup. But surely those scenes from Saturday show you why cups >>> Champions League qualification. Kane wants to win things, and with how good a striker he is, you can't blame him. How could you watch those pictures on the TV and not feel jealous?! It's what football is all about.

Once again it is absolutely incredible that we are a better team than clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Leeds, Villa. Vichai was an absolute genius it's as simple as that. During next year's walk for Vichai I will be singing my heart out even louder than usual, and I've been pretty loud the last two times I went. He might as well be made the Patron Saint of Leicester!

Unfortunately for him, it isn't his decision whether he's allowed to leave.

He'll be stuck there for a good few years still.

:giggle:

• Haha 1

Mass exodus to occur at Spurs once Kane leaves. A player as big as that leaving sends out big messages to the rest of the other players, as well as potential targets. 

Kane leaving them really benefits us in our quest to remain in top 4/6. If he goes to Man City it doesn't really change anything; they're streets ahead as it is. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Mass exodus to occur at Spurs once Kane leaves. A player as big as that leaving sends out big messages to the rest of the other players, as well as potential targets. 

Kane leaving them really benefits us in our quest to remain in top 4/6. If he goes to Man City it doesn't really change anything; they're streets ahead as it is. 

I doubt levy will use the funds from the sale to replace him with a world class striker... they have just built a billion pound stadium so I have a feeling those funds will be going against that. Things look like they are going to get worse for Spurs rather than better 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think seeing us lift the cup yesterday might have cemented Kane's decision to leave. He was at the club at the same time as Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel. Those 3 now have both the FA Cup and Premier League winner's medals, whereas he hasn't won anything.

Our recent league win and infiltration of the top 6 has caused the super 6 super league debacle and now its our fault Kane its leaving spurs lol

And he did win the Aldi Cup, you're forgetting that 🙄 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

TBF I think only Son and Kane attract better clubs and neither are spring chickens in football terms, Son is 29 in the summer and Kane will be 28. The rest of them have little to no chance of getting a move up.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

TBF I think only Son and Kane attract better clubs and neither are spring chickens in football terms, Son is 29 in the summer and Kane will be 28. The rest of them have little to no chance of getting a move up.

I’m glad that Bergwijn chose them instead of us he’s absolute pony 

The point when I was convinced when Kane would move on was seeing the XG in the League Cup final, IIRC Man City had an XG of 3.5 and Tottenham 0.04.

Kane must have virtually watched the game from the halfway line and thought WTF?

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Our recent league win and infiltration of the top 6 has caused the super 6 super league debacle and now its our fault Kane its leaving spurs lol

And he did win the Aldi Cup, you're forgetting that 🙄 🤣

Love the fact that he’s quite clearly reading the Special Buys price tag that’s been left on the back. 

tottenham-bayern-310719zf.jpg?width=990

• Haha 1

The notion that our winning the FA Cup had anything to do with Kane's decision is the height of ego.  This has been building since they fired Pochettino and he probably made this decision months ago.

That said, Harry may have done us a favor with the timing.  A little dissension in the ranks at Spurs going into the weekend certainly doesn't do us any harm. 

Kane has earned the right to play for a top club. In fairness, 24 months ago, they were in a champions league final and looked to be on the up. 

Things in football can change so quickly. 

Just now, Royston. said:

Man City are the only team in this country who would pay what spurs will want.

Has he weakened their bargaining position though by making it known he wants to leave?

Man Utd or Chelsea could do it, but with Aguero leaving, and Haaland not leaving Dortmund this summer, Man City seems too obvious. Spurs fans divided, guess the question is, has he earns his chance to win trophies? (Top tip Harry, don’t sign a 6 year contract)

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

People talk about top 4 and many of our fans even said they would prefer the top 4 over the FA Cup. But surely those scenes from Saturday show you why cups >>> Champions League qualification. Kane wants to win things, and with how good a striker he is, you can't blame him. How could you watch those pictures on the TV and not feel jealous?! It's what football is all about.

Once again it is absolutely incredible that we are a better team than clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Leeds, Villa. Vichai was an absolute genius it's as simple as that. During next year's walk for Vichai I will be singing my heart out even louder than usual, and I've been pretty loud the last two times I went. He might as well be made the Patron Saint of Leicester!

Players & Experience fans...know Its Silverware that counts....Spurs competed Damn well for Top 4 over the years....

who remembers so easily when & what years...

Now Silverware, the Core fans around UK will have that stamped through them like seaside rock, dates,Goalscorers, which clubs...etc,etc..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The notion that our winning the FA Cup had anything to do with Kane's decision is the height of ego.  This has been building since they fired Pochettino and he probably made this decision months ago.

That said, Harry may have done us a favor with the timing.  A little dissension in the ranks at Spurs going into the weekend certainly doesn't do us any harm. 

On its own, I think you're right. But it fits into a wider context that may have firmed Kane's decision to leave.

Since leaving that Leicester side he was on loan at, Vardy, Morgan and Kasper have won the Championship, The Premiership and The FA Cup. Which on its own, means very little. 

But add to that Kyle Walker leaving in 2017 has won 3 Prems, 1 Fa Cup, 4 League cups and a community shield. Whilst also being in a Champion's league final.

Trippier is one game away from a la Liga win. 

He's seen Bale, leave spurs and win everything with Madrid, Lloris win a world cup and Kane also plays with an England squad where the other stars have been winning things on the regular. Not to mention Poch winning a final with PSG. 

On top of this Spurs need a rebuild, a new manager and a lease of life. Kane is 28, suffering from yearly ankle injuries and hamstring strains. Does he have the time to gamble this rebuild?

• Like 3

Harry doesn’t give a flip about what Leicester does.  He wants to play for a true big club, and it’s abundantly clear now that Spurs will never be that during his prime.  That’s all the motivation he needs.

I agree with you that he doesn’t have time to wait it out, and he’s totally justified imo in asking out.  He is injured a lot but also one of the best strikers in the world, bar none.  The clock is ticking and I don’t blame him for pushing to move.  Spurs owe him much more than he owes them.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I dont mind him but your comment did make me laugh in fairness.

I’ve gone off him big time. He’s like Jose. To begin with he was refreshing, now he’s just turning into a moany old bastard. Next season he will be speaking with a scousers accent and relieving the glory wearing a Mark Lawrenson replica retro shirt.

• Like 1