Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Scapegoat Odds

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

With the expected imminent departure of our best scapegoat (Chillwell)

Who will step up and replace him in our always balanced and positive match day/post match threads?

Im backing Madddison to take the crown... young, English and has hair.

your thoughts?

I agree!

Plus madders has that cocky confidence that many miserable, bitter, angry  ****ers hate.

Edited by turkish14
  • Haha 1

Barnes and Perez. 

Knowing our fans it'll be someone like Gray even though he didn't even play in said game 'they don't play well because they don't have someone giving them good competition in training. We need someone better than Gray to push the other players!!' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

surely Rodgers is going to make changes... our form since jan was awful.  OK we have perez to come back (he is the only one who can get around the parked bus).  This is now Rodgers time to get rid of deadwood and bring in some useful players.  I can't see gray staying (- slim, silva ghazzel are all irrelevant). I am relaxed about Chillwell going - he is too ponderous and stops us racing forward as these days he always puts the ball on tot he deck before contemplating his options and next move (he used to make that decision as the ball arrives and mix it up to keep their defenders guessing - I think he need to meditate more so he can set aside issues relating to the impact of his decision).  Thomas look fine to me.  

So... the next scapegoat is Madders (assuming Rodgers brings in some big time charlie who is demonstrably useless...)

Edited by foxinsocks

Vardy is my outside Berlin, if he doesn’t hit the ground running.

Despite winning the golden boot last season, two or three threads were started on here questioning his ability.

When you consider many believe him to be our greatest ever player, it’s hows no one is safe.

A provocative thread!  But I get where you are coming from.  Most of the team have been villifed in threads during the recently completed season.  Chilwell was the pantomime villain who will, in all likelihood, show his qualities at another club.  

The problem is that it seems inevitable that some fans have to have a scapegoat.  We have some excellent players.  There are some who are very good but not quite at the same level.  Demarai Gray, for example, is very good, but not at the level of Vardy (or a player by the name of Mahrez who I recall playing for us).  We'd all like Gray to be more effective but he is a good player.

In the 2016/17 season, I had the misfortune to sit near Vardy haters.  Two blokes constantly bemoaned his laziness.  It was astonishing.  

Let's hope that instead of so called supporters spewing bile about players that so e kind of context is recognised.  The team, the squad, clearly benefits from positive support.  Being critical of a performance is understandable but a campaign of bla e against any individual is counter-productive. 

I thought it brilliant that Leicester had the England left-hand who had co e through the academy.  I would rather he succeeded for us than another team.

• Like 2

The biggest scapegoat for me....the

F A N S!!!!!

The most petulant, arrogant,cynical,sarcastic, unknowlegable,incompetent,whining,Moaning ,negative zombies,Members of our club,.BUT also...

Prudent, amusing,wise buffoons,knowledgable,Good insight,totally 360 degrees fair to unfair commentators,

cant Pick a player,but can suss out a dodgy one,but always pick on the wrong one,

Never know what they want,but Happy to tell the world,what they heard from their best Mate or Uncle who does,

Knows no boundaries,sell their own grandmother for 3pts,even a 1pt,if the odds are right..I

Corrupt as sin ..!! easily bribed for a Good baltie-pie..free donuts, & a clapper.....

But most importantly....Salt of the Earth, und know how to get a Stadium to Rock....

Totally failed pundits...

Win the League or Fall off the end......We  the fans are the Billy of all scapegoats....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 07:30, StanSP said:

Barnes and Perez. 

Knowing our fans it'll be someone like Gray even though he didn't even play in said game 'they don't play well because they don't have someone giving them good competition in training. We need someone better than Gray to push the other players!!' 

I for one actually think grays done well post lockdown.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah Madders gets my vote. He has the audacity to be young, talented and rich and sometimes, get this, he wears things that we older folk might not. What a cvnt.

Exactly - He's going to be my go to pantomime villain for this reason - plus he falls over if somebody comes within 6 feet of him.......to be honest its an easy pick. I'm sorted for the season! :)