Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

42 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

It’s not that I’m my opinion, he is to much a liability with his over the top fouls. I’m constantly on edge watching him.

when he has the ball he can then be way to relaxed often giving the ball away needlessly 

Yes he has that in his game, but I think he could be a very good player with the right manager and guidance......just not sure Rodgers is that manager for him!  Hamza seemed better under Puel than Rodgers and you can't say that about many other players!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He's a good tackler but not much else  :dunno:

That's a worry then as I don't think he's even a good tackler, good tacklers are ones where you don't have to go to ground (Ndidi / Kante). He's on the floor as much as Okazaki, how often did Kante or Ndidi ever go to ground. I hardly remember a tackle like that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

there really isn’t any other explanation as to why we didn’t buy anyone until chilly was sold...

Erm because we now have another £30m to spend so can upgrade on the players we were perhaps being forced to look at?

I assume he was on more than we're paying Castagne so a few tens of thousands extra per week to sweeten a couple of deals?

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Erm because we now have another £30m to spend so can upgrade on the players we were perhaps being forced to look at?

that doesn’t really make sense. if we have only spent 20 million.. and we didn’t have that before we sold chilly,... are you honestly saying we were looking at 5m- 10 million rated  players?

What I'm saying is that we may been looking at three £20m players, we're now able to be looking at three £30m players, plus increasing the salary we're able to offer them by an extra £10k per week (?) than when Chilwell was here. We may have better options with Castagne playing rather than Chilwell, so we may decide to look for players for different roles.

I've never assumed that we're broke we just now have even more to spend, hopefully wisely.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 2

It's hard to know what to do with Hamza. I think because he's an aggressive player he's been shoehorned into that holding role, but its become increasingly apparent that's not really where he's most comfortable. When he was captain for the u23s he was a lot more attack minded, played further forward and he tended to be the one directing the play like Tielemans does now. It's disappointing he didn't push on last season, but at the same time he has some great attributes and its for Brendan to work out how best to play him. One thing is for sure though - it's no coincidence that he was playing when we had wins against some of the top sides during Puel's reign. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stu said:

Yes it is, but his general discipline record is actually very good.

I also recall he had a couple of assists last season from being tenacious and pressing players, in fact Rodgers praised him for that being his strength, even more than others.

I’m surprised at the lack of support he is getting as one of our own youth academy products, but after Chilwell I suppose I shouldn’t be.

That is his strength, Which is why he should be used in an advanced role winning back the ball for us. This will not only improve our attacking threat. But also stop the opposition building attacks against us. All he has to do is win the Ball and feed it to Tielemans and Maddison to pick the passes..

• Like 3

He needs game time to develop, but that's going to be hard with Ndidi in the team, but he's still a fantastic back up defensive midfielder. I don't think the slide tackle is dead in modern football, and to be honest he's good at it.

I think he's got the potential to become a really good player, but he really doesn't seem to fit Rodgers' system, and I don't see that changing. I would sell him to Southampton for a good fee, or loan him with a steep option to buy, if we can afford to buy a 4th choice box-to-box midfielder behind Praet who is also preferably homegrown, or if Rodgers is genuinely happy promoting Dewsbury-Hall and Tavares to the first team. 

I wish we didn't have to sell/loan him because I really like him and think he's a good player, but if Rodgers doesn't trust him it's unfair to stick him on the bench for a second season running.

Ideally, I would love to see Hamza loaned out to a team that would use him in a more forward role than he plays with us.  Right now he's pretty hopeless in buildup - he's cover for Wilf and no more.  It would be nice to see if he has the ability to be anything more but I don't think we'll ever know unless he goes on loan.

He's definitely best as a box to box, hassling midfielder. He's closer to Kanté in that regard than Ndidi.

Definitely think we need to keep him. Confident he'll shine in Europe too, especially playing for his hometown club. We just need to get him to come on as one of the two central midfielders, not as the defensive midfielder.

He’s more Robbie savage than ndidi and kante. As a DM he’s not as good a mendy for me, if Brendan wants more creative players we may see hamza go and we bring a different option in.

like people have said he does seems to have a mistake in him as crucial times and it’s only a matter of time until he gets sent off for a dodgy tackle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Ideally, I would love to see Hamza loaned out to a team that would use him in a more forward role than he plays with us.  Right now he's pretty hopeless in buildup - he's cover for Wilf and no more.  It would be nice to see if he has the ability to be anything more but I don't think we'll ever know unless he goes on loan.

We need a deeper squad 

• Like 1