Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Just now, Fox92 said:

Even if we were in the CL he'd still go to a bigger club lol

Spurs have been in the CL consistently over the past 5 years or so, even got to a CL final, but it doesn't stop their players leaving for bigger clubs.

No doubt he'll eventually leave, but CL qualification enhances the chances of our keeping him a bit longer.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We can't compete on certain levels even with champions league football, I mean it might delay a move a year at most. But when a massive club comes in and can double or triple a players wages, champions league football isn't stopping that. 

No doubt, but an extra year could really help us to find a replacement and have more success.

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

One of them will, whether it's Man U or Liverpool. Easy way of getting a great player and completely wrecking a rival. 

Thiago has been pure toilet water too. So Liverpool will come sniffing I’m sure of it. Unless of course big Chris Wood can deliver the impossible tonight. 

20 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wijnaldum is going and potentially united might want to cash in on Pogba now. 

You could be right, I think they both need CB as a priorty. 

I think YT gets harder to keep if he has a great Euros.

I still think he is a little bit burnt after his experiance at Monaco, which maybe means he think about moving a little more before he does.

I'm still shock we managed to get him in the first place.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

You could be right, I think they both need CB as a priorty. 

I think YT gets harder to keep if he has a great Euros.

I still think he is a little bit burnt after his experiance at Monaco, which maybe means he think about moving a little more before he does.

I'm still shock we managed to get him in the first place.

A new deal will be announced before the Euros.

• Like 1

I think the only way he leaves if we don’t increase our squad, the poor bloke has had too play every game and he has been run into the ground , just think how much better the bloke would be if he was getting a break every now and then .

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

I think the only way he leaves if we don’t increase our squad, the poor bloke has had too play every game and he has been run into the ground , just think how much better the bloke would be if he was getting a break every now and then .

I actually think he's one of those type of players who is better for playing week in and week out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

The players to 'help' him are basically already in KDH will take some work load off a long with Soumoure if we sign him.

Not sure what happened to his corners last night but everyone hit the first man. He's so good that I feel like it's more likely that he's been told to hit them hard and low rather than him messing up exactly the same 4/5 times on the trot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I actually think he's one of those type of players who is better for playing week in and week out.

True, but it will take it's toll eventually.  Don't forget he's been playing first team football since the age of 16 too. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2021 at 10:52, foxfanazer said:

The coolest mother****er in the stadium. To celebrate like that after banging in a goal in an FA cup final with the fans back. What a legend! 

I remember listening to a podcast a while ago where they were talking about Tielemans (before he came to us I think) and something stuck in my head for some reason, how when he was about 15 the Anderlecht coaches knew he was a top player not necessarily just due to the ability, they were saying things like "in his head, he is one, you can tell by the things he says" and whatnot. I know it might be looking too deep into this but that kind of reaction to the goal was of somebody who expected to do that, not somebody who was amazed that he had.

I'd make him our next captain.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not sure what happened to his corners last night but everyone hit the first man. He's so good that I feel like it's more likely that he's been told to hit them hard and low rather than him messing up exactly the same 4/5 times on the trot.

Yeah I think he was trying to do what he did with the first one (which is a technical masterpiece) obviously it doesn’t come off every time. 

I was in awe of how good that first corner  was just a shame it was behind Vardy because any head on that and it’s a certain goal 

4 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

i get that but he's looked heavily fatigue at points this year due to playing every game in every competition, including the midweek games. I remember the Arsenal game he looked gassed out after 10 minutes 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah I think he was trying to do what he did with the first one (which is a technical masterpiece) obviously it doesn’t come off every time. 

I was in awe of how good that first corner  was just a shame it was behind Vardy because any head on that and it’s a certain goal 

Give the lad a new contract regardless of the cost.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bert said:

He’s close to signing a new contract. We’ve still got 4 games that can define where we finish. 

We’ve got one !

15 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Give the lad a new contract regardless of the cost.

I doubt it’s what we would pay him which will dictate what he does next.  If we make CL and increased his salary to 150k then I’m sure he would sign.  If we are in the EL then he may be advised if he moves on now he still has another big move ahead. If he stays with us for another three seasons then he inky has one big move ahead of him. 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I remember listening to a podcast a while ago where they were talking about Tielemans (before he came to us I think) and something stuck in my head for some reason, how when he was about 15 the Anderlecht coaches knew he was a top player not necessarily just due to the ability, they were saying things like "in his head, he is one, you can tell by the things he says" and whatnot. I know it might be looking too deep into this but that kind of reaction to the goal was of somebody who expected to do that, not somebody who was amazed that he had.

I'd make him our next captain.

Yeah it was definitely a 'and what' kind of reaction. Ice cold! 

If Tielemans goes I will be surprised he will be too expensive!  The dust hasn't settled from the Covid fall out and we will see a transfer market with teams looking for value for money!  I'm sure there will be one or two clubs who can scrape the money together for a big signing like Kane.  Clubs will have to realise that the times of increased revenue in the short term are over.  The new TV rights will mean a stagnation for the next few years and La liga's rights will probably decrease unless they get Mbappe and Halaand. I suspect all the major leagues will see a decrease in real terms. 

Please please PLEASE stay Youri!!! The single biggest reason for our last 2 seasons, the single biggest reason we won the FA Cup and the single biggest reason we don’t look like a pub team recently.

He is absolutely world class, he is goldust. Only Kante and Vardy are in the same category of Leicester greats.

I love watching him play and still have to pinch myself he’s playing in Leicester blue.

At 2-0 last night, going through the motions. Was I thinking about the game? No.

Was I thinking about losing out on playing the likes of Real Madrid next season? No.

Do I give a sh*t that we’ll be playing in the Europa league? No.

All I was thinking last night was ‘please don’t leave Youri’.

What a fantastic player he is. We won’t be anywhere near the top 6 next year is he goes. Sad but true.

In the same way as 98/99 with Martin O Neil - ‘Please stay Youri’ 🙏.

• Like 1

youri holds the cards here

he only signed a four year deal so if he doesn't extend this summer, we are under some pressure to sell now because next summer he only has a year left and his value drops as a consequence. (unless you have a bidding war but these days, players know where they want to go and clubs don't bid on someone they cant get)

i'm continually thinking back to those additional laps of honour he did on saturday !  would he have realised that those in the saturday crowd wouldn't be there next sunday ?