Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Will be only another four-year deal to 2025, with the expectation he will go next summer. Exactly the same as Mahrez in 2016

I can live with that.

He's likely to go to one of the Europe's elite clubs. If we get 3.5 years out of him and an FA cup win then I am very grateful.

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Will sign an extension (or has already signed it...), will do another 12 months here and he'll be off next summer IMO. That may change if we secure top 4, but not sure.

Most likely, I reckon. He clearly enjoys playing here but needs Champions League football too, although he's got European football in some form next season.

Gives us time to plan and get a great fee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Most likely, I reckon. He clearly enjoys playing here but needs Champions League football too, although he's got European football in some form next season.

Gives us time to plan and get a great fee.

I think this is the reality. If he was leaving this season then there would be rumours circulating that he’s not going to sign (regardless of how good we are at keeping things quiet). 

Can see Soumare coming in as his longer term replacement and Tielemans going for £70m next season. Unless we get champs league this season or next. 

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Will sign an extension (or has already signed it...), will do another 12 months here and he'll be off next summer IMO. That may change if we secure top 4, but not sure.

We're good at gentleman's agreements with our players. 

We'll mutually agree with him a list of.clubs that we'd entertain offers from and a realistic minimum fee .....and he'll be off next season of this criterion are met

5 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I was so paranoid about this I actually went and had a look at the original photos of the team lifting the cup. In many Youri is missing, but in a couple you can see him - he's directly behind Kasper and Wes. The angle of the one outside the ground is one of those where he can't be seen. It's no coincidence that Vardy also can't be seen in many of the stock photos online and is missing from the photo outside the ground.

Yep, Youri is behind Kasper in the trophy lift celebration so largely hidden

Vardy doesn't appear in many of the celebration pics because he was left hand side, preparing to spray the bubbly

22 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I though his rapport with the fans at wembley was indicative of a special relationship.

He's probably just an honourable and appreciative man. I don't think this guarantees he'll wait until he's 26/27 before he gets CL football. Club captain may tempt him but idk. I think Sunday's results will make a lot of decisions for us.

Just now, Foxxed said:

He's probably just an honourable and appreciative man. I don't think this guarantees he'll wait until he's 26/27 before he gets CL football. Club captain may tempt him but idk. I think Sunday's results will make a lot of decisions for us.

but I bought the shirt now!

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

but I bought the shirt now!

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Realistically, where can he go in the next transfer window!? . Most of the big European clubs are teetering on bankruptcy (PSG the obvious exception, but would he want to go back to France?).

The only viable options for him  area maybe other Prem Teams. But if we assume his asking price is around the  £55 mil+ mark, I’m not sure any of the big clubs would be willing to offer that figure. Man United could afford him, but have more pressing positions to fill, Chelsea/Man City arguably don’t need him. I’m not sure Liverpool can afford him. 

At the minimum, he’s here for another season. 

1 hour ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Realistically, where can he go in the next transfer window!? . Most of the big European clubs are teetering on bankruptcy (PSG the obvious exception, but would he want to go back to France?).

The only viable options for him  area maybe other Prem Teams. But if we assume his asking price is around the  £55 mil+ mark, I’m not sure any of the big clubs would be willing to offer that figure. Man United could afford him, but have more pressing positions to fill, Chelsea/Man City arguably don’t need him. I’m not sure Liverpool can afford him. 

At the minimum, he’s here for another season. 

Being in debt isn't bad. But insolvent is bad. I don't think they're insolvent. They're worldwide brands. Because of covid they're likely be more cautious, you're right, but there's plenty of buyers: PSG, Bayern to name a couple. I hope he stays but I think it's a very real possibility that he'll move for CL football if we can't get it on Sunday. He'll be a legend here anyhow.

I'm sure the powers that be are working feverishly behind the scenes to bolster his contract. BR will have already spoke his mind on players that MUST stay! Youre is our midfield engine we need him. Hope the lads bust a gut tomorrow and prove they are team worthy of him staying.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another factor to consider is that he appears relatively settled in Quorn. One of his kids is literally a year old, so a couple of years more might be easier for him at LCFC

Yeah, him and his missus seem to love the place. Great to see

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another factor to consider is that he appears relatively settled in Quorn. One of his kids is literally a year old, so a couple of years more might be easier for him at LCFC

Ah yes, Quorndon - the last stop on the way to Loughborough, and the village I've barely ever been to, rather than through, (since I left Rawlins)...

Edited by PhillippaT

Youri is a great player but he lacks pace from a standing start

he cannot develop that - it’s the way he’s made! 

for that reason, I dont t see him being a regular starter in an elite side. if he wants a move to a top ten euro outfit then that’s his decision but he won’t play as often as he wants to 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Youri is a great player but he lacks pace from a standing start

he cannot develop that - it’s the way he’s made! 

for that reason, I dont t see him being a regular starter in an elite side. if he wants a move to a top ten euro outfit then that’s his decision but he won’t play as often as he wants to 

Sorry but that's nonsense.  Youri is absolute quality.  It's not his fault that players around him like Perez, current Maddison etc are woeful.   You put Tielemens in the centre of Man City's midfield with the class around him, he shines even more than he does here