Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Having the best season of his career. I've been wanting goal contributions from him and he's delivering them almost every game at the minute. Justifying the hype.

The way he spoke tonight, he's only going to get better. Hunger for himself and the team.

Fvcking up last season could ultimately do us a favour in the long term.

It's normally the shit players that talk like that. He's naturally gifted and still wants to do everything he can to improve. 

On 17/01/2021 at 03:15, Dan LCFC said:

Numbers massively improving this season. Barnes likewise.

It's great to see two of our attacking players step up to the plate to take the pressure off Vardy to get all the goals. 

Any team who aspires to be one of the best in this division need three players who can get 10+ goals per season. It looks like we now have that. Imagine getting another RW in who could do that as well. 

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I hate to be a smart arse, but some of us have never doubted him. And flagged up his interviews a long time ago 😗 And enjoy his cheeky, social media alter ego

It's an absolute pleasure and privilege to have this young man wear our shirt 

I've always been amazed anyone who doubted him or wouldn't have him in our first XI.

He's an absolute baller and you just wonder what other people see or how much they know the game when they say shite like that.

• Like 3

The best thing about Maddison is that he seems to be able to finish moves inside the box now. This takes a lot of pressure off of Vardy as the goalscorer, if Maddison can chip in with 10-15 goals a season that takes a lot of pressure off Vardy, both as the man who has to win games for us, and because the opposition's defenders will be forced to pay less attention to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Having the best season of his career. I've been wanting goal contributions from him and he's delivering them almost every game at the minute. Justifying the hype.

Agreed.

I moaned about his lack of goals/assists over his previous season here and at the minute he's delivering, fair play.

He's in good form at the minute.

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Have to say his post match interview was brilliant. He says all the right things but he also gives insight into how he's thinking.

You can tell how much he loves Rodgers. Rodgers has the complete respect of the players.

He interviews really well, it’s great to hear what a fantastic team spirit we have at the club. 

Comes across incredibly well in every interview he does. Clearly one of those 'scholars of the game' types who's fully invested in it. Seems to love the club and the ambition too. Liked the comparison to Lampard also - he could have a similar long-term impact here as to what Frank had at Chelsea.

Loving this purple patch he's in as well. Long may it continue.

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Foden and Maddison in the middle. Someone sitting behind. Anything else would be stupid. Which means it probably won't happen, as Southgate is a moron.

Unfortunately the sitter will probably need to be Henderson or Dier.

If only Wilf was English. 

Ohhhhhh a combination of Maddison and Foden is nothing short of mouthwatering 

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How are you feeling about these comments now?

He's been great the past 3 or 4 weeks ....great to see you have nothing better to do than call out things written months ago!! 

Everyone loves a captain hindsight! 

Love him, love his style. Terrific post match interview with Sky as well.

Some of the stuff I read about him a few weeks ago actually shocked me, a few posters here were actually PERSONALLY attacking him, that’s where a line needs to be drawn when you comment on a player.

Well done Madders; absolutely terrific form and long may it continue!

• Like 2

He has been very good the last 4 or 5 games. Last night was also the hardest i'd seen him work, and he kept his quality up throughout - a couple of passes last night really stood out, the left footer into Vardy to set up the Tielemans chance, which was not an easy pass to thread into him and the first time defence splitter out to Justin breaking down the left. Hard to escape that the Chelsea set up helped our midfield immensely though, it had no disruptive presence, a weak press, and it was easy enough to play around them. 

The criticism he took was deserved, and nobody should really be saying "I told you so" until these recent performance levels become a baseline, and not an exception.

One thing he has got in his favour is his attitude - his interviews are insightful and give a real sense that he wants to improve and get the absolute maximum out of his abilities.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2