Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Harvey Barnes named in full England squad

43 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Cmon now. Let all be real here 

We know what going to happen in a couple of years time 

We don't have to speculate though.

I don't want to see us keep selling good players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

According to the Sky 'experts' he's one of Burnley's own. 

He was born there. But it’s impossible to listen to him and not hear a Leicestershire accent. Same with Hamza. I’ve not heard Thomas speak.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, happy85 said:

That our model unfortunately. 

So what, though? 

At this moment in time, in order for us to be sustainable, it has to happen. 

Selling Maguire, Chilwell, Kante, Drinkwater etc 1 each per season hasn't particularly stalled our growth as a club has it? I'd argue it's gone pretty well so far. 

With a clever scouting team and our new world-class facilities, we're slowly building into a club that'll be able to get the most out of players potential and growth, and may be ever be able to keep our top talent at the club for longer. 

• Like 1

So well deserved, gwon Harvey.

He's a huge talent, he has pace and power and actually knows how to use it. it's exciting to watch his constant improvement. When he's not in our team we lose so much flair and dynamism because of it.

I really believe he'll go on to be a regular at a top Champions League side and if thats us so much the better.

(Maybe now the 'experts' on here slagging him off at every turn will get off his back) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He was born there. But it’s impossible to listen to him and not hear a Leicestershire accent. Same with Hamza. I’ve not heard Thomas speak.

Thomas was born in Syston, and I think he still lives there with his parents, so I'm guessing he probably does have a Leicester accent.

I understand why people don't want us to be a selling club but I think there has to be some acceptance of it. Its the only way for a club the size of Leicester to grow. I think we're doing well to throttle it to one player a summer really. Look at Southampton, they got absolutely gutted, multiple players multiple times and they're only just showing any semblance of recovery. You sense that we at least have control over who goes. Chilwell went early, I think we probably could have got more money if we'd waited but the player wanted to go and I suspect we wanted to get on and do some deals ourselves. It also seems to me that the players respect that we only really let one player go at a time, you don't really get a sense of players angling to go when the club have said they're done selling, and part of that comes from the club being honest and fair and not holding them back when a good offer comes in. It breeds trust and confidence in the club and overall I think it means we have a stable crop of players who are really much better than our historic station.

I remember being absolutely baffled by a few posters saying him and demari grey were of equal quality (sorry demi) and that barnes was championship level. Not that long ago, either, how the turns have tabled, absolutely love the lad and hope we can keep him for a good few years. Once he gets more composed in front of goal he'll be an absolute superstar. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I understand why people don't want us to be a selling club but I think there has to be some acceptance of it. Its the only way for a club the size of Leicester to grow. I think we're doing well to throttle it to one player a summer really. Look at Southampton, they got absolutely gutted, multiple players multiple times and they're only just showing any semblance of recovery. You sense that we at least have control over who goes. Chilwell went early, I think we probably could have got more money if we'd waited but the player wanted to go and I suspect we wanted to get on and do some deals ourselves. It also seems to me that the players respect that we only really let one player go at a time, you don't really get a sense of players angling to go when the club have said they're done selling, and part of that comes from the club being honest and fair and not holding them back when a good offer comes in. It breeds trust and confidence in the club and overall I think it means we have a stable crop of players who are really much better than our historic station.

I get that it's worked so far, people are assuming we let one go a year but has that just been a coincidence? It's been mentioned that Ricardo could be the next but look at who else has been linked away, Ndidi, Madison, Barnes, Soyuncu. We could be in a situation where 3 or more players feel they have waited long enough for a move. That's the fear I have, getting towards a great squad only for it to be pulled to pieces.

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I just worry because it's not sustainable forever. We've done well with it so far because aside from Mahrez we've replaced the others. Southampton did well at first too (such as selling Lallana but bringing in Mane) but got to a point where they were just bringing in players who were worse/not as good as what they were selling. Lets not forget they were in a relegation battle the other year.

If you wanna keep selling then you've gotta keep bringing in good players, which we have done so far. I do accept it because it's natural. Bigger clubs buy our players just like bigger clubs by their players.

It would be great to see him get a few games for the England squad, rather than become one of those players that gets a handful of games. 

If we do sell him, I'd really like it to be to a glamour club in Europe. I think that would add real prestige to the club and set a precedent - we only sell for big money to UCL teams. 

For now - glad to see him in the shirt and might actually watch an England game for the first time since the world cup.

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I remember being absolutely baffled by a few posters saying him and demari grey were of equal quality (sorry demi) and that barnes was championship level. Not that long ago, either, how the turns have tabled, absolutely love the lad and hope we can keep him for a good few years. Once he gets more composed in front of goal he'll be an absolute superstar. 

Gray made an England squad once.  Before Maddiso  was capped , they were both non-playing squadites.

I can't see Barnes getting too much love from  Southgate.  Based on Southgate's previous picks , he definitely deserves a place.