Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

If we're the team we all think we are, then we should be winning. Yes we've got a few out but players are coming back and this will be the weakest Liverpool team to play at Anfield since any FA Cup or Carabao Cup tie. Beat City and Arsenal away with a weaker side than we should have on Sunday so should be going for the win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Odds on these being Liverpool players so the game is called off lol

Does this include players away with their national teams ?   If it does, we know quite a few of these names already .....

and I believe that a club would need to have in excess of 11 of their 25 man squad affected to request a postponement ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Does this include players away with their national teams ?   If it does, we know quite a few of these names already .....

and I believe that a club would need to have in excess of 11 of their 25 man squad affected to request a postponement ....

No, it doesn't include any players on international duty just from the PL players and club staff in England. It's quite a worrying increase from previous testing rounds. 

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Talk Sport was peddling the same thing yesterday pm. Darren Gough, whom I generally like, was saying how it was "remarkable" that Liverpool were third, having had so many injuries (actually until this weekend only VVD and Fabinho of the list above have missed games; TAA went off after about 60 minutes of their last game before the international break). Before adding that no other teams had suffered as much and it would be interesting to see what happened when they inevitably did in this unusual season (yes, they have and that team is top, Darren!).

Yet again we go under the radar!

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Mohamed Salah could return to Liverpool this week as Egypt “expect” negative test

what a load of bollox if he don’t have to isolate for the 10-14 days 

It’s irrelevant what Egypt say 

he cannot travel without a neg test

U.K. rules say he has to isolate for ten days from his initial positive test (he took it last Thursday) 

not sure how he can travel into U.K. before those ten days are finished ??

perhaps Liverpool could get him a private jet and he can drive himself from the runway tarmac back home without encountering anyone outside of his bubble ??  You can see that’s a nonsense and if Liverpool try to get around the rules then I reckon it could blow up in their faces - include a player who shouldn’t even be in the country and perhaps the game should be awarded 3-0 to the opponent??

I imagine Liverpool will conveniently take Thursday as day one which means Saturday is day ten - he can fly back Sunday am and play  in the evening. The only issue is whether the PL insist that his negative covid test has to be from the official testing route. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Talk Sport was peddling the same thing yesterday pm. Darren Gough, who I generally like, was saying how it was "remarkable" that Liverpool were third, having had so many injuries (actually until this weekend only VVD and Fabinho of the list above have missed games; TAA went off after about 60 minutes of their last game before the international break). Before adding that no other teams had suffered as much and it would be interesting to see what happened when they inevitably did in this unusual season (yes, they have and that team is top, Darren!).

Yet again we go under the radar!

TalkSport MO - say something contentious / empirically incorrect. Get a load of rival fans riled up so that they call in. Argue about it on the radio to spark a debate (e.g. for the above, Goughie might counter-argue that VVD and Fabinho are more integral to Liverpool). Repeat. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

TalkSport MO - say something contentious / empirically incorrect. Get a load of rival fans riled up so that they call in. Argue about it on the radio to spark a debate (e.g. for the above, Goughie might counter-argue that VVD and Fabinho are more integral to Liverpool). Repeat. 

That's how's it's always been and always will be unless we become like a Liverpool with armies of clueless fans around the world to pander to. Don't know why so many people on here constantly cry about it.

• Like 1

There is a poll on the Athletic about who has the best defence, the candidates are Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester City, Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester City and West Ham

Of those, only Manchester City, Leicester, Tottenham and Wolves have conceded 9 goals, and Arsenal, Chelsea and  West Ham 10.

Two things strike me

• Where is Liverpool? Think about what they have achieved with so little and so many injuries FGS :mad:
  • Chelsea are winning, rendering the poll null and void and naught but a fan click fest

18 hours ago, sylofox said:

now because some Coote is on var.

This could actually work against us. It shouldn't, mind, but if you received the sheer volume of abuse and negative press that he received after the Pickford/VVD incident, if there is a single contentious moment which impacts Liverpool, he will likely subconsciously make sure he has looked at everything to do with it and side with Liverpool if it's 50/50 as if he doesn't give another then the press coverage would be obscene.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Some nonsense on the internet 😂

64D42482-4C64-4F12-B569-B89A45216F3B.png

This is a joke, btw. Looks like it got you hook, line, sinker.

And however indicative the above joke of Liverpool fans it might be, the injury-off between Liverpool and Leicester fans on Twitter is so bloody tiresome.

I'm with you all, Liverpool fans are insufferable, already downplaying themselves and will be crowing of epic proportions if they win with all the injuries they have suffered.

The back and forth though with "We've got XYZ123 out..." "WELL YEAH WE'VE GOT XYZ12345 OUT, TAKE THAT" just simply makes me question some people's life choices.

• Like 4