Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

There's still time for another injury

Haha true. 

Only players confirmed out for them are VVD, TAA, Gomez and Salah. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as initially made out and will still be a very tough game. 

It's a massive bonus if those 2 above can't play along with Henderson if he's injured too. 

Things change in their favour if we end up with Kasper and Fofana missing the game. 

You feel like this is such an opportunity with them having that many out. The same applies to us although we've handled it really well this year. Like I said earlier no matter what the result the rhetoric has already been controlled. Liverpool win it'll be Jurgen's heroic reds etc... Leicester get anything it'll be Liverpool had X, Y, Z, AA, AB, AC missing yadda yadda, and not a word about how many we had out. Will just be a perfect exposure of the bias towards Liverpool in the media.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

We’re always shit when stuff like this plays into our hands, we do things the hard way. This game is reminding me of UTD away last year

That's true. Injuries often seem to work the other way with us. This season a good example.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

We’re always shit when stuff like this plays into our hands, we do things the hard way. This game is reminding me of UTD away last year

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's true. Injuries often seem to work the other way with us. This season a good example.

Yep ...  even the papers are saying if we win this it will show our true prem league champion credentials ...   possible stuffing inbound ...   :(

So much focus on their injuries but what about our own?

Putting Ndidi, Amartey, Ricardo and Soyuncu to one side have we heard any news on Castagne? Fofana? I notice Evans didn't play last night.....why was James Justin Left on the bench for the under 21's? Kasper has to be a serious doubt following his injury yesterday.

Potentially we could be missing 8 players ourselves and by my calculations Liverpool only have 4 certain absentees with question marks over Henderson, Robertson, Fabinho and Thiago

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Read this on lcfc.com. Does it mean it will be on live on lcfctv?

LCFC TV and LCFC Radio to provide free coverage of Sunday's Premier League visit to Liverpool

No. It will just be a live stream of two people talking about the game on a couch

Despite being after an international break, we've got (depending on fitness) a lot of first-teamers at home and in the training ground ready for the game- Vardy, Barnes, Maddison, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Fofana, Castagne, Ricardo.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Despite being after an international break, we've got (depending on fitness) a lot of first-teamers at home and in the training ground ready for the game- Vardy, Barnes, Maddison, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Fofana, Castagne, Ricardo.

I've lost track of who should be back when, not expecting Riccy available but will Fofana and Castagne be fit and available for this? Any recent updates?

We've done exceptionally well so far with our 'squad' players. Although Liverpool's squad players aren't of the more obvious pedigree and glamour of Manchester City's, you can bet your life that they'll be more than competent and busting a gut to show Klopp that they're worthy of first team consideration. It's will be far from easy!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You feel like this is such an opportunity with them having that many out. The same applies to us although we've handled it really well this year. Like I said earlier no matter what the result the rhetoric has already been controlled. Liverpool win it'll be Jurgen's heroic reds etc... Leicester get anything it'll be Liverpool had X, Y, Z, AA, AB, AC missing yadda yadda, and not a word about how many we had out. Will just be a perfect exposure of the bias towards Liverpool in the media.

I have zero doubts we'll see the Liverpool teamsheet on Sunday night and it will still look like a very good team. 

BR should play the ball here and not the man meaning I expect us to do well to take a point.