Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Liverpool (A).. early thoughts.

We're still the underdogs here but it's probably our best chance for years to win at Anfield. They will probably look to press us high to protect their defence so if we can beat their press and play on the counter we will get so many chances. They won't have the protection of Fabinho in midfield, nor Van Dijk who positionally is incredible in being in the right place. 

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

I imagine Robertson needs an excuse to miss their two games now they’ve qualified. I imagine they’ll line up:

Alisson

Milner

Fabinho

Matip

Robertson

Thiago

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Jota

Firmino

Mane

Plenty strong enough. 

Wtf that’s still a top four team. What are they crying about? Ridiculous 

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

I imagine Robertson needs an excuse to miss their two games now they’ve qualified. I imagine they’ll line up:

Alisson

Milner

Fabinho

Matip

Robertson

Thiago

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Jota

Firmino

Mane

Plenty strong enough. 

Robertson - hamstring

Thiago is out

Fabinho may return for our game

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Hope it's not Mike Dean (terrible beard, by the way) or Jonathan Moss refereeing this.

I prefer to have either of those over Pawson, Taylor or Mason or are the worse referees in the league.

Especially Pawson who is just biased to the big side, always.

Edited by Fox92

Whilst I fully expect the same set up as previous away encounters I just hope we get close to Vardy, ala Barnes at Leeds. May not get a better time to play against their back 4. All for being sensible as they still possess so many quality players but we "have" to get at them surely? 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Robertson - hamstring

Thiago is out

Fabinho may return for our game

Thiago is expected to be available  (as is Fabinho).  If they had less injuries then perhaps klopp would give them another week but given the background, expect to see them both 

49 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Robertson isn't injured. He's got a tight hamstring that will be absolutely fine for next weekend.

I would think that’s correct although they wouldn’t want to play him and then have it go for a month ..... could be a tough call 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Klopp has had 2 weeks to plan so I'm sure they will be ready for us. It's still a great opportunity for us to get a result and set down a marker.

I just hope we haven't lost our momentum due to the Int break. 

We probably needed the break.

3 games in a week, some were beginning to look a bit legged in the 2H versus Wolves.

Edited by NaijaFox

A win here, although unlikely would be a great result and set a precedence for the remainder of this season for sure as regards our top 4 credentials this time, if not league title! Our last win there was way back in April 2000 when a certain former Toffee Tony Cottee scored for us! I think Phil Gilchrist was the other on the scoresheet in a 0-2 win with newly signed Emile Heskey on the opposing side by then....to follow up our last minute winner courtesy of Ian Marshall the season before. A win since those M. O'Neill days has been a long time coming but it would be great if it were next weekend! 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

At what stage do Liverpool have to stop looking for someone else to blame and start considering that it may well be their training and recover procedures to blame. 

When we beat them 1-3 next Sunday.