Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Zorya Luhansk (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I am calling that 433

You do you! 

We'll have to wait and see how the game starts as it's possible that Hamza will be further forward like Tielemans was in the 4141 system we played last year, but given that they play a diamond formation, having a double pivot makes sense to counter the central threat, and give our wide players more licence to roam forwards. 

Also whilst 4231 was worse than watching paint dry at times under Puel, Having Riccy P, Under, Barnes and Praet is quite creative. James Justin has had a good start to the season also. Playing 4231 away from home in Europe certainly doesn't sound outlandish to me, teams like Dortmund use it as their primary system where they have Delaney and Witsel as their double pivot, neither of whom are creative. 

30 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Subs:

Really hope we see some of the kiddos!

Given that Ricardo, Soyuncu and Wilf are billed to play less than 90 minutes (as per Brendan’s presser), one would expect to probably see Fofana, Fuchs or Thomas and perhaps Mendy (but maybe Leshabela) subbed in at some point. I also think Perez might come in at some point during the game (perhaps for Nacho but maybe for Barnes or Ünder), which essentially leaves only 1 substitute spot if Brendan elects to use all 5 spots.

Edited by NaijaFox

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It can't be the contract situation, if it was you wouldn't suddenly give him a squad number for the EL. Perhaps the plan is for him and Wright to be part of the squad next week vs AEK but I'm not letting them do this to me again. I've had a little cry. 

Callum Wright has been the standout U23 player this season, boy loves a goal and a heinous haircut. 

Hope you’re right Ric, get the 3 points tonight and give some youngsters a start Vs AEK.

Just now, kingfox said:

FFS guys.

This thread is slowly turning into “Tips on how to ejaculate over Ricky P thread”.

I thought i was being witty, but I then had a look at previous posts and I realised I was about the tenth person to recommend it... could this make its own thread???

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Perez can't even get in the team for a game like this. He's really dropped down the pecking order, which is definitely correct, I think.

Agree based on form when we’ve seen him.  However I always thought he was more of a central than a wide player so would love him to get a little run there over a couple of games

Should make for a good game, we've got 4 rusty players in defensive positions and a 1 liability to I fully expect them to get some chances, especially as they need to win. Our front 3 is plenty capable of scoring some goals. So I'm all down for a 7 goal thriller

18 minutes ago, kingfox said:

FFS guys.

This thread is slowly turning into “Tips on how to ejaculate over Ricky P thread”.

Like anybody needs tips?  The very sight will suffice.

• Haha 1