Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Spurs (A) Match Thread

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

No.  Albrighton stays on because he offers defence on that side when needed, Under will be a hindrance to us down that side when we start coming under real pressure as he doesn't defend as much.  

Not sure about that. Last few games I saw Under played, he tracks back and does a decent job defending. Plus he has Justin as cover. Him dribbling forward on the other hand is also a kind of defence by forcing their wing back a bit nervous in venturing forward. Plus Under can pass and cut in to help Vardy in the middle.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Hope we dont give away too many set pieces second half cus their players are still getting the freedom of the box.

Solid performance so far though, weve matched them and battled well without being able to create a great deal.

Fair play to Albrighton for that 50 yard sprint back, to nick tbe ball from Lo Celso. Stopped a clear goal scoring opportunity there

I've found the match really interesting to watch, despite it coming across as a cagey affair. It's a tactical battle and in many ways reminds me of an old school Serie A match on Channel 4 on a Sunday afternoon! We played really, really well for 35 minutes but created very little. To give Spurs credit, Mourinho has them so well drilled defensively. Their positioning and shape is flawless and they work together collectively as a team to be very hard to break down. It's reminiscent of the team work his Chelsea teams had in the past. They don't create much, but they had some good chances through quality individuals and up until the penalty this looked like a 1-0 win game to Spurs where we played really well but lost due to a set piece.

The goal changes everything and I wonder what Brendan will do. Perhaps he himself will change shape to counter their counter and force them to come onto us? From a tactical perspective it would be the smart thing to do, but at the same time we controlled that half for the most part. But as I say I don't see us scoring easily against this team unless we break on them, they are very well drilled.

Very pleased with the performance. Ndidi has been superb, Albrighton surprisingly good too, he's contributing a lot both offensively and defensively and the challenge he made on Kane was clearly part of our tactical instruction - foul Son and Kane when they break on us. Vardy is linking play brilliantly, something that often goes over looked in his all round game. 

This game is far from over though! 

• Like 2

Hate that VAR now sees incidents like that as a penalty. Great that it was in our favour today, but I’d be seriously annoyed if it was against us. He didn’t have control of the ball. He wasn’t a threat. He wasn’t about to become a threat. Decisions like that ruin the game for me, but might yet make my evening! 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Big 45 needed. Jose was disappearing down the tunnel as clearly not happy with their half. Expect a tougher second 45. Wilf is a massive plus for us in the middle. Need to keep the fight and find that extra bit of quality in the final third.

To be honest this is how it looked last season but we were stupid and gave them 3 soft goals.

Mourinho always sets up this way I just hope we stay switched on and not make any silly mistakes to let them back in the game. They count on us making mistakes and counter.