Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Spurs (A) Match Thread

That was the definition of a solid half. Spurs not threatening too much from open play, we're keeping our heads and look sharp, pressuring them and getting some decent play together, more so at start of the half. 

Deserved the lead I thought and more of the same 2nd half please. 

When they said an incident involving Fofana I thought we'd given a pen lol

Good half. Timmy looks a bit restrained. When he's had the chance to push on or cross it in he's taken the easy out everytime. Whether his injury is playing on his mind, I don't know. 

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Ian Nacho said:

How on earth the ref didn’t give that without VAR I’ll never know. 

Agreed. Looked nailed on to me. Commentators on Sky didn’t even mention it until it was being reviewed. Bizarre

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Everyone knows the rules and a foul in the box is a penalty but it really is daft giving an 80%+ free shot at goal for a foul in a situation like that.

Still good for us and hopefully we can remain sold 2nd half

It's daft from Aurier to jump in, you mean.

Great for us to get the lead, I thought they were going to look at Barnes handball before the foul but they didn't. Was a good sign when they stopped play, wouldn't have done that if they weren't going to give a penalty. Good to see VAR working as it should but ref should be seeing that. Pawson shit as always, letting Lo Celso and Hojberg foul everything in sight and not booking Alderwierald.

Good to see us knocking it about nicely, even if we aren't creating lots, part of that is obviously Spurs Letting us have the ball and you always feel Spurs are one good attack away from scoring.

Ndidi immense in that first half. 

Spurs chasing it will hopefully give us chances on the break, let's see what Spurs have got then they have to chase the game. Exactly what sides have done to us at home.

The big test in this game is going to be how we react defensively to their attacking change of shape when they inevitably bring on Bale or Bergweijn. 

So far we've set up absolutely beautifully to counter Son and Kane and it's worked really well. 

We'll have to adjust very quickly when they do. 

• Like 2