Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Christan Eriksen

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Im not sure if you’re joking or not? But Eriksen barely beats the first man from corners...

I mean it wouldn’t matter if he does or he doesn’t here, we put the ball in it beats the first man and then disappears in to the abyss. Im resigned to the fact that we’ll never score from a corner again in my lifetime. 

• Haha 1

My worries with Eriksen would be:

1) His last season-and-a-half to two seasons haven't been good at all. There are mitigating circumstances, namely Mourinho's style of football and Inter not really suiting him. But is he in a rut or is it a longer term thing?

2) He's played a lot of football since a very young age. Apart from being an absolute freak of nature, it's widely regarded that Vardy's longevity is partly down to not coming through the traditional way. Has Eriksen burnt out young?

There's no doubt Eriksen's a special talent. If he can reproduce his top form then he'd be worth every penny of the six-month loan deal. The trouble is, how long could it take for Eriksen to get back up to speed?

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

This is EXACTLY the “broken” player BR has said he wants. Makes complete sense 

How would that be if we only have him on loan for the rest of the season? He hasn't played much this season correct? My only concern is that like Under he wouldn't be fit enough to make a difference in the squad. Unless there is a loan/buy option that along with wages would work for us. Feels unlikely.

See, options more than normal are limited at the moment. Losing Praet is massive, that’s a reliable player gone for a few moments, Youri is a booking away from being suspended which means he will be suspended at some point, so we need some depth there.

I suppose the thinking is he is a high calibre player with experience in Europe too, wouldn’t need any real settling in and in the right frame of mind he is still a quality player.

We unfortunately don’t have the luxury of cherry picking this season, if an opportunity arises to sign a suitable player, then we will probably have to go for it. 

Did someone say Rodgers wanted to sign a 'broken player'? Eriksen has looked just that for the past couple of seasons for club.

I've heard Kasper talk about him in very high esteem. Don't picture it happening though, thankfully

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

See, options more than normal are limited at the moment. Losing Praet is massive, that’s a reliable player gone for a few moments, Youri is a booking away from being suspended which means he will be suspended at some point, so we need some depth there.

I suppose the thinking is he is a high calibre player with experience in Europe too, wouldn’t need any real settling in and in the right frame of mind he is still a quality player.

We unfortunately don’t have the luxury of cherry picking this season, if an opportunity arises to sign a suitable player, then we will probably have to go for it. 

Cut off is 19 games, which we passed on Tuesday. 

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s seen out the first half of the season without a suspension so now has another 5 yellows I think before that happens.

• Like 1