Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Christan Eriksen

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

See, options more than normal are limited at the moment. Losing Praet is massive, that’s a reliable player gone for a few moments, Youri is a booking away from being suspended which means he will be suspended at some point, so we need some depth there.

I suppose the thinking is he is a high calibre player with experience in Europe too, wouldn’t need any real settling in and in the right frame of mind he is still a quality player.

We unfortunately don’t have the luxury of cherry picking this season, if an opportunity arises to sign a suitable player, then we will probably have to go for it. 

Tielemans bookings are now wiped, unless he collects 6 more between now and game week 30 or something like that and then he'd get a 2 game ban.

We don't need a player for our first team, we need a back up for Youri Tielemans, which was typically carried out by Dennis Praet, even if Praet often played in a slightly different position even when Tielemans was rested. Praet is out for 3 months which given that it's January might as well mean the rest of the season. Maybe he will get fit by the end, but he will be in no shape to handle a title / champions league qualification push.

Eriksen is a shadow of the player he was, but that doesn't mean he can't be decent or good. He also knows the Premier League so in theory can fit straight into the team. For a loan signing, he's more than adequate.

Regardless of if we get him or not, I find this news to be pure sauce! Last season our failure to sign anyone in January IMO cost us the Champions League places as injuries and loss of form decimated our squad and confidence. So to sign someone on loan for 6 months who's not a Ryan Bennet but a Robert Huth or Youri Tielemans level of player to give us the best possible chance is great news for me.

I quite like Ric Flair's idea to bring in Otavio instead, but thinking purely about having a player that would know the league immediately, I think there is something to be said for Eriksen, especially as he was one of the best runners on the pitch when Pochetinno was in charge during our title winning season.

More likely we probably see another player come in on loan instead, but regardless it's super exciting news. We've been great in the last few games so let's not fall apart again please!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans bookings are now wiped, unless he collects 6 more between now and game week 30 or something like that and then he'd get a 2 game ban.

Yea I didn’t realise! Still if he gets injured, we’re buggered! 

• Like 1

Is it just me or does this feel much like the Coutinho rumours?

1. Quality attacker who’s achieved nothing at squalid English club while Leicester City win the Premier League.
  2. He forces his way out to a bigger European rival.
  3. Said player on massive wages and struggling at new team.
  4. Leicester don’t really need the player anyway.
  5. Next January it’ll be Bale. 

Not happening IMO. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

**** paying him £300,000 a week when Vards is on half of that. 

If it helps us get Champions League football, he'll have paid it back with interest. 

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

Perhaps we wouldn't have to pay all of his wages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we were linked like 2-3 years ago, I'd be absolutely hyped for this... but it doesn't make sense. A lot of money to fork out for a loan, and where does he fit? He won't want to play 2nd fiddle to anyone and would demand he comes straight in, is he worthy of this? Are any of our players deserving to be dropped?

Odd transfer, no doubt potential but I think it's a no from me. I'd rather not get his wages in and upset the apple cart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

**** paying him £300,000 a week when Vards is on half of that. 

Hes not ont a 300k week contract with us though. He has one with Inter. Players would understand that its a bit different when there's no transfer fee involved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Not that Spurs would let us, but I'd much rather get Alli on loan. Would fit our system so well.

"Not sure"? I am, they won't. We're joint 4th favourites to get a CL place this season. At the moment they are our biggest rivals this season.

As for Eriksen and Inter wanting his £300k a week wages covered, no one is likely to consider that so Inter will find themselves in the next 10 days either keeping him as a squad player for the rest of the season or getting real and lower their expectations towards what the market sees as value.

• Like 1

There’s something going on there.

You never usually read about failed pursuits and the club are pretty good at keeping deals quiet. Feels like the club have used a journalist with genuine sources to try and show that they will walk away if they can’t get the sort of deal they are looking for.

Would love to have him at Leicester given he’s only 28. If he comes he knows he has to do the business as there is only really one way following a failed loan at Leicester and it’s not the level he’s played at his whole career thus far...

Get it done and negotiate in an optional transfer fee for the summer. If we’ve managed to get Champions League football then maybe it could turn into something more permanent.

• Like 1

quality player and if rodgers can get a tune out of him it's a no brainer 

28, intelligent reader of the game, can put the ball in the path of others and find the net himself, about as proven as you'll get 

he may well be happy to come here for 6 months, play a bit-part role and get back into the PL