Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Doing what we didn’t do at the start of the season and picking up important draws. 

I always say it, but we drew 12 in the title season, they’re underrated! lol 

Hopefully Leeds will be wide open and we can take advantage! 

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

On Perez, I think he tried his damnedest to link play, but he's not a centre forward.

Couple of times we were spread wide on both sides of their box, with no-one making runs into the middle. Think we should persevere with him though, he's a great link player and could be a decent false nine in time.

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

On Perez, I think he tried his damnedest to link play, but he's not a centre forward.

Couple of times we were spread wide on both sides of their box, with no-one making runs into the middle. Think we should persevere with him though, he's a great link player and could be a decent false nine in time.

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I think at half time I'd have bitten their hand off for a point.  Come the 90 minutes, it seems disappointing not to come away with 3 points.

All in all, a draw is a good result for us and I think we would all have taken a point pre kick off.

We have kept DCL nullified for the whole game and Richarlison's only positive contribution came in their defensive half.

Good result overall going in to some very winnable fixtures. 

Yup, a draw today and winning our next few fixtures makes this far more palatable.

1 minute ago, SixtiesFox said:

Hard earned and fully deserved point. We look like a top four side, as for them? Nowhere near. 

Yeah, that's a good point actually, we took the game to them as you would expect the MU MC and Liv to. They properly parked the bus. Once we learn to nick goals against teams that do this we will become that top 4 team and stay there. 

An outstanding second half performance, the work rate and fitness on show was exceptional. On another day with more clinical finishers on the pitch, we would have won that 3-1.

Worrying though that we are so capable of conceding sloppy goals - watching that injury time corner was uncomfortable.

Would have definitely taken a point at half time, it would have been a travesty to lose to that lot, tactics taken right out of the Pulis playbook.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1