Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Haven’t watched much of Everton up until about a month ago. Was hearing an awful lot about their brilliant season from the likes of Cahill, Osman + other pundits. They’re absolutely foul, really turgid football. Is that what the so called mighty footballing side Everton have spent all that cash for? Total crap. We should’ve won that but at least we didn’t lose to them. 

Exactly, they're not very good.

Pundits will find reasons to justify their position (e.g. Ancelotti's tactical nous) but the truth is they're a very lucky side that play poor, cynical football. The only thing you can credit them with is their ability at set pieces. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Surprised by the positivity surrounding Under. Thought he was poor, selfish & doesn’t play with his head up. His pace helped, granted, but I’m not sure what else he contributes?

Yeah I agree. Had a few positive runs and looks like he could make something happen, but not sure he completed many passes, crosses or shots?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Slightly upsetting they could go level on points with us, because we are a much better football side, they're just well schooled in being niggly and organized.

Speshial shout out to BT Shsportsh and their shublime commentatorsch, I'd rather listen to halfwits on Fan cam.

I had to turn the sound down or I'd have smashed the TV in.

What a twat of a commentator 

• Haha 2

In the context of the other results tonight this is a massive point against a bunch of spoilers. If we could sort out our set piece issues at both ends of the field we'd be unstoppable. We played some fabulous football tonight and absolutely dominated the game. A combination of bad luck, poor decision making and finishing prevented us from taking all three points.

• Like 1

Everton clearly played with a plan to nick the first goal and then defend with their lives.

2 mistakes from Fofana 1 for the Goal which was a cracker, Kasper had no chance. The second later in the game.

Lots to be positive about us Perez again worked hard, Maddison, Youri, Mendy when he came on and Under.

Can't be unhappy with a point. 

Strange that we aren't tearing into the side after not winning but we've all recognised Evertons approach.

The end justifies the means of course as we well know but their goal aside they were quite negative. They defended very well but there would be daggers thrown at teams in the bottom half playing that way.

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Surprised by the positivity surrounding Under. Thought he was poor, selfish & doesn’t play with his head up. His pace helped, granted, but I’m not sure what else he contributes?

I'm not suprised at all he bought pace, energy and a couple of decent goes on goal.

I thought we played some great football at times and completely dominated for 90% of the game. We were lacking in the final 3rd but generally it was a really really good performance. Everton are genuinely the worst team I've seen all season and their fans should be embarrassed after that game. It was one of the most 1 sided games I've seen all season and if they had won it would have been a crime against football. WBA had more of a go against Man City last night than Everton did. Absolutely shocking considering the money they have spent and the players they have. Does show how far we have come and how good we are as a team but still highlights our struggles against low block teams how throw 11 men behind the ball 

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Every time we're trailing some tw@t says it's the worse half he's ever seen. It wasn't even the worse half this season.

Just a classic smash and grab job. Some people seem to think they couldn't have been organised well with a ganeplan to sit in. It has to be we're shit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

Oh and Pickford is shocking, but this isn't news. I never want to see him in an England shirt again.

Plays the entirety of every game with his fists clenched. Awful technique.

Even his distribution , which is supposed to be his strength , was average at best.

Don’t really know what I think about this one when we had so much possession in the first half and should have scored a couple in the first, should we have finished this before they scored, but after a great display from both teams I’m sure a draw is the best result at least it wasn’t a loss !!

onto the next game let’s deliver all 3 points keep up with the old Sour Pusses !!