Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Great to see the response from the side after half time. Definitely seeing a better and stronger mentality in the side now. Battling back and never giving up. Sounds cliché but it's still true. 

Key players performing well. Midfield dominated. Youri and Barnes :appl:

• Like 4

Not a bad point. Draws between us and  Everton over the years and us in the league this season have been few and far between.  Balance restored a bit.

Cpuld have won it but Fair play to the lads. Dug in for that. Qualitee and intensitee as someone famously put it.

With results around us going our way I will take that. We were the better team. Maybe someone can set me straight, but I don't see what Perez offers us up front. You need goals to win matches, and although he is far from perfect I think Nacho looks more likely to score them.

On Perez, I think he tried his damnedest to link play, but he's not a centre forward.

Couple of times we were spread wide on both sides of their box, with no-one making runs into the middle. Think we should persevere with him though, he's a great link player and could be a decent false nine in time.

Massive point thanks to the Blades! Good performance against an absolute blocked toilet of a team.

Yeah, maybe a slight lack of cutting edge, but we're still creating. Justin, Madders and a few from Youri that could have swung it our way.

We move on - and the best news is we don't have to play them again this year.

• Haha 1

The best thing about that is we didn't lose any ground on our top 4 contenders and actually closed the gap to Man Utd by a point (unexpectedly). 

Happy with a draw but F uck me we should have got a second In the second half. Vardy plays we win that, we so badly need someone that can come in and do half of what he does so we don't miss him as much as we do. 

Played some lovely football though so happy with that. 

Wilf could be a massive loss though, but Mendy did a job when he came on. 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Everton were absolutely wretched, that was like watching a 2010 Stoke side.

I didn't understand their tactics at all, we'd lost our defensive midfielder and a second goal would've killed it I reckon.

Just invited us on and on.

Haven’t watched much of Everton up until about a month ago. Was hearing an awful lot about their brilliant season from the likes of Cahill, Osman + other pundits. They’re absolutely foul, really turgid football. Is that what the so called mighty footballing side Everton have spent all that cash for? Total crap. We should’ve won that but at least we didn’t lose to them. 

• Like 4