Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

There was that 15 minute period in the second half culminating in a goal where we were absolutely relentless in possession, recycling and attack. Really missed a muscular presence against their back line but damn that was just breathtaking to watch as a city fan. Feared the worst when Ndidi came off but Mendy was just awesome tonight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Also one of the most negative foxestalk performances - the number of people writing the game off at 40 minutes... :nigel:

yeah idiots never learn, always the same from the little I have seen on here during a match.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Good away point that. Shame not to take all 3 but 7pts from saints chelsea and Everton is a great return.

hope ndidi not too bad

perez I did better than I thought. Definitely deserves another go.. couldn’t have been easy against that giant wall of Everton’s 

under gave a nice alternative to our attack

on to the next!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Imagine being the home team pushing for a European spot and being camped on your 18 yard line for 70 minutes. Horrible negative team. Mersey Burnley

Used to think Grealish was the most unlikeable player in the league but Richarlison has easily taken that crown 

How that chump got away with no yellow - 5 fouls tonight including two absolutely woeful tackles 

• Like 1

Happy enough with the point but it feels a bit like 2 dropped given it was attack v defence 2nd half.

So surprised with how Everton approached that 2nd half, and even more surprised that Ancelotti didn't try and get some legs into their midfield when Tielemans started to boss it. Davies and Gomes may as well not have been there and we never really got turned on a quick counter, which was my main worry when Ndidi went off.

Think we would have lost that game 2nd half of last season so it's pleasing to see we didn't fold mentally, or run out of ideas either.

• Like 1

Glad we managed to get a point, we were the better team, early in the season or last season we'd of lost that for sure.

Hopefully we're becoming hard to beat now and even if a team doesn't want to play football they're not walking away with all 3 points. Another good step forward hopefully.

Difficult to know how to manage it, but I think it might be time for Soyuncu in for Fofana, assuming Evans hasn't suffered an injury that will keep him out.

He hasn't been awful or anything, in fact quite the opposite. But he was at fault for the goal and was a bomb scare for the final couple of minutes there, which could have cost us the game. I'm not being too critical, that's just what you'll get from a 19 year old centre half. 

Soyuncu is 5 years his senior and I think it shows.

Anyway, good point. Everton could have sh*thoused that quite easily. Shame they scored first as it gave them a platform. 

Just pleasing to see us continue our recent good performances. We'll continue to win playing like that. Nobody gained points on us tonight which also helps!

• Like 2