Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham vs LCFC - Match Thread - 03/02/2021

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He’s a right bipolar footballer. Capable of some sublime stuff and then utterly pitiful. He he could turn pitiful to average we’d be laughing.

Exactly what I feel about him. Said the other day that his touch is like a magnet, both sides of it as sometimes the ball is like glue to his feet and other times it's like he's allergic to it.

Not always helped himself with some shocking performances when he's had a chance but considering how Brendan has got him playing at times, it's so frustrating to see him managed poorly.

• Like 1

The team selection worried me, but it's a much better balance than against Leeds..

Perez in a position he can have an impact on the game..at fvcking last!!!!

Iheanacho looking dangerous!!..

Choudhury a more physical presence than Mendy..

It's all working 😁😁😁

That's the difference between Perez and Iheanacho. Kel is always good for a goal if you get the ball to him in the box, no matter how poor he is in general play sometimes, even though he can still make a great header look like it's just hit him in the face lol

Perez gets involved more but if anything that highlights his weaknesses. Perez has done ok but it's great opportunity to get Under on. 

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Hilarious that we're 2-0 up, I think we've mostly been dreadful. Best Iheanacho and Hamza have played for us in along time though. 

What? The opponents always have the ball you know? Felt me coped pretty well with their press

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The cream is rising to the top. I hope all those sceptics on these boards who are happy doom-mongering will get behind the manager and team and be a little more positive.

I’ll give Rodgers a reprieve for now, but if he cocks it up again, at any point, then I reserve the right to say Rodgers out :beer:

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Hilarious that we're 2-0 up, I think we've mostly been dreadful. Best Iheanacho and Hamza have played for us in along time though. 

For a team that's been playing fairly well, Fulham have come out like we do against Liverpool, just completely scared and lacking in confidence 

Itll change at half time when Reid and caveilro come on I imagine

59 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

FFS

You're getting very boring now, please stop banging on about how much you dislike Mendy 

WE'VE GOT THE MESSAGE!!!!!!!

What you saying now? 2-0 and cruising with 4 of our best players out.

Nacho over Perez as number 9 and Hamza over Mendy exactly how I wanted.

This hopefully and finally will close the door on Mendys career at Leicester.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s a right bipolar footballer. Capable of some sublime stuff and then utterly pitiful. If he could turn pitiful to average we’d be laughing.

I think it's because he can slow things down when he's not at it as he likes those turns and to hold up the ball so looks bad when it doesn't come off

Hard for me to say but Hamza has done very well his game is just a bit more incisive than usual.Tilly looks like he is out for his daily excercise jog but hope that means he has plenty left for second half..Nacho well done my man just relax and keep at it.Ricardo looks bang on again

Great stuff from Nacho!!! That's what we want to see and he's doing it. Good to see him and Mads walking off like that at the end. Really positive. I've had my doubts about him but this is how you turn me into a convert, JJ is just blinding at the moment imo. I'd take him over Chilwell alllllllll day. 

Edited by Hoopla10

Some thoughts I had through the half - they seem overly negative now we’ve gone two up but I thought they were issues that worried me slightly anyway.

I don’t want to pick on Hamza overly because I want him to do well but every time I see where he is, I’m always baffled that thats the position he’s chosen to take up. He often gets caught behind the ball which is odd given you’d expect him to be our pivot, albeit we’re not strictly playing with one. I think they’ve passed through us easily at times and Loftus-Cheek has taken up some dangerous positions between the lines which is no coincidence - luckily they’re absolutely toothless so it doesn’t really matter. 

That free header in the six yard box was an absolute joke, we seem to be getting worse if anything at defending set pieces, that was laughably bad and we’re fortunate it didn’t cost us.

On the plus side, our quality has shone through, and Nacho’s close control and ability to turn with his first touch is really exceptional at times - he can offer a lot up front when he’s on his game. I was going to say that JJ seems to have lost his Midas touch, he’s still doing fine but things aren’t working for him exactly as they were earlier in the season, but pops up with a great team goal at the end there. Overall we’ve been fine and our quality has made the difference but there’s a few things that would worry me if we weren’t playing Fulham.