Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Riyad Mahrez

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Apologies for the thread start, didn’t realise it was a re-hash, had no idea either Arsenal wanted him.

Change your User from dayday to....yearyear   get you in your right rythm and sync ..!!:P

I posted this detail on the forum a few years ago (but now can't find my post). I knew about the Arsenal situation as my source ( who worked part time at Arsenal) in the summer of 2016 told me the following day that he ( Mahrez) has spent time at their training ground over that weekend.

At the time I thought he was making it up as Mahrez was under contract. It just shows the loyalty of some players, he had his agent with him over that weekend. A disgraceful situation.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Leicester made him and still ungrateful despite having time of reflection 

This this and this.

He was an absolute nobody before we got him and yet what people don't remember is thst his agent was trying to get him out the door the season of the great escape. I think it was Marseille who wouldn't pay £8m for him and he stayed (signed a new deal) and then the rest is history the following season. Incidentally he signed another new deal the next summer on £100k a week and although he didn't then get his move the summer after and ended up staying 1 more season, he also hasn't got stuck at a dog shit Arsenal whom he'd typify as a character and player had he ended up there. He's very fortunate how it's played out for him.

• Like 4

Old or not, this is just a testament to the nature of the man. Exceptional, mesmerising footballer who contributed to our greatest ever year but, as a person, a complete willy puller. 

This is the bloke who is so wealthy he didn't notice hundreds of thousands of stolen money but refused to pay his nanny. 

It makes me laugh that the Algerians always call him humble. Far, far from it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

He was 25 when we won the title. So, if he'd been anywhere else at 24 he'd have missed out on what he'll eventually realise was the highlight of his career! :D

So, if we'd let him go to the Arse at age 25, he could have been at Man City when he was 24 or 25? Not following you there, Riyad..... lol

....he did not want to be at Manchester City!!!

Arsenal was always his target and that is what is niggling at him constantly. For all the kudos and titles he has gleaned at his present club, he wanted the move to London more.

It is something that happens in football and he will not be the last player to go through this.

If he keeps on bringing this up then he needs to get over it, he needs to move on and not keep playing the victim.

• Haha 1

Old news or not he is still one unlikeable twat. Even with what he did during the title winning season I sneer everytime I see the whiny little shit. 

Also what kind of man pretends not to see his wife get head butted and does nothing about it. Absolute pussy of the highest order. No wonder she put it about. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this.

He was an absolute nobody before we got him and yet what people don't remember is thst his agent was trying to get him out the door the season of the great escape. I think it was Marseille who wouldn't pay £8m for him and he stayed (signed a new deal) and then the rest is history the following season. Incidentally he signed another new deal the next summer on £100k a week and although he didn't then get his move the summer after and ended up staying 1 more season, he also hasn't got stuck at a dog shit Arsenal whom he'd typify as a character and player had he ended up there. He's very fortunate how it's played out for him.

Disagree. He’s an immensely talented player who deserves every inch of success he’s achieved - he’s come a bloody long way to get there. No luck involved, just a lot of hard work and ridiculous talent 

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

It did but was also rehashed about a month ago as well as today.

Somebody has an agenda.

Just very odd. He's at a club where he's won a stash of trophies and is about to add several more, playing for a top manager, playing Champions League football.

Why we need to hear all this stuff about him wanting to be at Arsenal when he's far better than their current level is strange. Unless he still wants to go there?

41 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree. He’s an immensely talented player who deserves every inch of success he’s achieved - he’s come a bloody long way to get there. No luck involved, just a lot of hard work and ridiculous talent 

He is a ridiculous talent .... and a nob 

I remember playing Everton away in January 2018 and he didn’t travel as he was on strike and said he wouldn’t play for the club anymore. Then went off on the sick because of his mental health. He did return and came on away at Man City and thankfully 90% of the away end booed him on and the Man City fans cheered him on!! After that, he was for done for me. I booed him every chance I got, even the last game at spurs when we lost 5-4. Came over and a lot of people were telling him to F off. Everytime I’ve seen him play since against us, he’s got a bad reaction and I’m glad. The man will never be welcome back to Leicester and I don’t care about what he done for Leicester before. Ruined his legacy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He is a ridiculous talent .... and a nob 

Don’t know why he feels the need to keep talking about these incidents. Stuff like this happens in football all the time. Do people keep asking him and he’s too dense to swerve the question or does he choose to bring it up or is it a rehashed story from ages ago? I don’t really care from a personal point of view but I do find it incredibly tasteless that he feels the need to disrespect our owners by talking about their business publicly. They’re a fairly private and honest family there’s no need to discuss behind the scenes incidents, even if he doesn’t name them specifically, especially because they’ve done so much for him. You don’t see other footballers talking publicly about behind the scenes incidents (believe me a lot goes on) and deals so no idea why Riyad does, continuously! 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This this and this.

Marseille  lol

Is that the same Marseille that refused to stump up £8m for Kante when they were his preferred option?  lol   

About as perspicacious as rice pudding, that lot.

I seem to remember their president sneering that they do not fish in the same waters as Leicester City re Kante.

• Like 1