Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

If Maddison has done that- seriously? Fvcking hell.

He gets a lot of flak (some of it justified going on this) but you could (before) never doubt his commitment to want to play. It seemed like he kicked every ball when injured from the stands. He'd probably relish a big game like this or next week, I'm sure he was desperate to play in the Europa League game and the cup quarter-final.

To purposefully allow your place in the squad to go through your own ignoring of club rules, to then possibly be seen golfing when a match you should be involved in is occurring- there is no just defence, really. 

Keep your head down and ride out the storm. But no, another question for the manager. Rodgers will be livid and rightly so.

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

They have one thing in common - vastly overrated

Hmmm i've gave you a like but I do think Grealish has abit about him as a player as much as I think he's a dick.

I question Maddison, certainly his consistency nowhere near Grealish in terms of how good they are.

Maddison pretends he's Grealish like a schoolkid pretends they are Ronaldo or Messi.

Two - Constantly going to ground if they've been as little as blown on.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I think people are overreacting a bit, Rodgers seems to be handling it. Let him.

well I think the problem is we could really have used them this game and it could have potentially been a different scoreline with them in the side..

I mean, if we miss out on top 4 by 1-2 points..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Right and this is the crux of the “mentality issue”.

People are in absolute denial that there is a mentality issue. Of course there is. We’ve had about 6 or 7 really defining games in the last 2 seasons and won 1 of them. 

Players believing they’re above the law, and

more importantly that they’re above their manager’s instructions, is indicative of a lack of focus and respect, two things that underpin winners. Doing this at this point in the season is absolutely incredible, it’s a huge middle finger to Rodgers and the rest of the team.

Rodgers is going the right way about fixing this. No passengers, you’re either with us and you’re here to win or you’re not. 

Can you tell me thes 6 or 7 season defining games please?

23 minutes ago, Hales said:

If they think they are too good to follow the rules they can work a nightshift with me if they like. I have just nursed a child with covid in full PPE for 10 hours. I'll find them something to do if they like. I'm really cross about this and thought better of them.  This game today was on them and I have lost all respect for them.

THIS

They can all leave the club now as far as I care. Don’t want to see any of them in the team ever again. They have a f...ing party with their mates every day of the week in training when most others are isolated, lonely, struggling. Disgusted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GorlestonFox said:

I'm not saying that going to the party was ok.

I'm saying that it's embarrassing that most of the people calling them out on it, have probably done the same.

That's the hattrick of nonsense posts.

I’m just really struggling to see how being given a day off to spend on the golf course is a punishment really. 
If I’d have broken my company policy at work the response would not be to allow me to go to the football. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can you tell me thes 6 or 7 season defining games please?

Villa (League Cup semi final)

Chelsea (FA Cup semi final)

Bournemouth....BOURNEMOUTH end of last season.

Tottenham end of last season

Man Utd end of last season.

Prague (Europa - They've gone on the beat Rangers and drawing against Arsenal but the fact we didn't even lay a glove on them over 2 legs is disgusting)

West Ham, Today.

Liverpool boxing day last year and earlier this season were hugely disappointing but don't think we can really call them season defining.

As I said the mentality has grown and improved this season but we still have a very soft centre, too easy to get at and too easy to upset which results in their heads dropping.

Edit - I thought this was a different thread and we're in danger of going off topic about the dickheads in question.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Lot of over reactions in this thread, understandable after gift wrapping our rivals another win.

Lot of outrage on foxestalk is nothing new.

But for once nearly all are in agreement and it's hard to say it's not justified.

5 minutes ago, Halifax Fox said:

THIS

They can all leave the club now as far as I care. Don’t want to see any of them in the team ever again. They have a f...ing party with their mates every day of the week in training when most others are isolated, lonely, struggling. Disgusted.

Fùcking hell, I hope you never make a mistake or a bad decision in your life.

Let the club decide what action to take and back them. Stop being a self righteous twat.

• Haha 1