Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SHANE_

FA CUP semi match thread

Just now, Mark said:

Absolutely, our best formation doesn't include him. Such a shame we can't play it we would be beating these if we could play our unrestricted way.

If we're playing a side we intend to dominate around the box then nacho fits but as it is we're sitting deep, playing long balls and nacho is so slow to react or gets knocked off the ball, Albrighton would be better in his role, maddision 100% needs to. come on

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don’t think they’re a bad team at all personally 

On paper they're probably not. In reality they have 7 points from 10 games and have very little confidence.

Awful team 

Hope they score quickly as itll Gove more chsbce for Brendan to pull his head out his arse and make the necessary changes

7 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't think Perez has been terrible actually. For me it's Kelechi who hasn't been in the game and Vardy looks fairly sharp in terms of his movement I think would benefit from going up top alone. I think I'd go Maddison for Iheanacho.

We really could do with some more width as well, do we really need 5 defenders here?

I have wondered for a while whether two up top hurts Vardy's game as much as it benefits Kelechi's?

7 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't think Perez has been terrible actually. For me it's Kelechi who hasn't been in the game and Vardy looks fairly sharp in terms of his movement I think would benefit from going up top alone. I think I'd go Maddison for Iheanacho.

We really could do with some more width as well, do we really need 5 defenders here?

Albrighton > Nacho

Under > Evans

Rodgers would never make those changes mind!

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

bring on Madders on the 60min mark

Sooner than that. 

Perez hasn't had a great deal of impact. He's worked hard defensively but he's slowed us down or lost it whenever he's gotten the ball. 

Just now, murphy said:

I have wondered for a while whether two up top hurts Vardy's game as much as it benefits Kelechi's?

Vardy has always thrived being the lone striker supported by wingers (a Knockaert/Mahrez/Barnes type)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nope, it’s not position that’s the issue, seems too me anyway.  Ayoze, frustrating I agree. He does work harder than most, except Marc.

The position is primarily the issue. Even Castagne ‘suffers’ on that left side.

Ricardo may not have yet hit his previous heights, but second-half last week he ran West Ham ragged.

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Albrighton > Nacho

Under > Evans

Rodgers would never make those changes mind!

You'd have to be nuts to take Iheanacho off in current form. 

He may not have looked electric so far but if a chance comes his way you'd back him to take it on current form. His statistics for goals per shot for us is unreal, even when he's been off form, but especially lately. 

Just now, splinterdream said:

If we're playing a side we intend to dominate around the box then nacho fits but as it is we're sitting deep, playing long balls and nacho is so slow to react or gets knocked off the ball, Albrighton would be better in his role, maddision 100% needs to. come on

Nacho's biggest problem imo is he's slow. There was loose ball that anybody with any pace would gobble up and run at goal but the defender was able to casually get to it and pass it forward. With Vardy's loss of pace and edge it means defenders aren't so anxious about being caught out so make less mistakes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I am sat about three yards to the right of Southgate (the manager, not the London borough ) 

Give him a kick in the nads from me please :thumbup: