Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SHANE_

FA CUP semi match thread

Just now, honeybradger said:

Ricardo hasnt been working out in any position this season tbh, still clearly off the pace after his injury

He did well second-half against West Ham.

He is struggling on the left side, but even Castagne is less effective on the left.

Just now, Always Next Year said:

He is being played out of position unlike Perez who’s always out of position and offers sweet fcuk all, how he gets in to the team about Maddison and M.A is beyond me.

Nope, it’s not position that’s the issue, seems too me anyway.  Ayoze, frustrating I agree. He does work harder than most, except Marc.

It's luke warm, it's spar boxing, I can take that but if it continues we're a a set piece or through ball away from being behind without long to redress it so needs a gear change. Tielemans is threading bits and pieces through but need a step up from everyone 2nd half.

• Like 2

Poor Ricardo, he is completely out of his position trying his best but not enough.

We don't have a single footed player on the pitch and we do need to address this issue very soon.

Our left corridor looks a bit dysfunctional.

Period between 20-35mins was bad. Ricardo constantly playing high risk balls and not running into space to ask questions, really a shadow of himself pre-injury here, playing on the other side granted. Perez too really has to get his passes sharpened up, very frustrating.

Formation also not looking right, players shifting across from the other side to cover space. Holes appearing moments after giving it away from possession.

Carry on missing chances and gifting the ball away in our own half, we'll go out today.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Even comparing how stinky Perez is (and he has been) to Ricky is not being honest with yourself, credit in the bank my arse

How isn’t it? I’m just explaining why he wont get as much stick because he’s been a proven performer in the past, he’s won a player of the season award so people will give him more slack.

Perez has never got going for us and shown any sort of consistency so patience is very very thin. 

• Like 1

Credit to Southampton though, we can talk as much as we want about how poor we are, but it's Southampton completely nullifying anything we try to do. They aren't exactly playing 11 in their box either, they are happily giving up possession but easily winning the midfield battle. As soon as we get it wide they change position and nullify that. They are executing their gameplan perfectly. They will nick on on the break if we are not careful.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Ricardo has come back a different player after his injury. He looks to be carrying more weight too?

Perhaps if he could have just one game in his correct position it would help with confidence if nothing else. Rodgers is using  him in a variety of unfamiliar roles like right wing or loft back. Just because you've played it there on the odd occasion in the past doesn't mean that you'll shine at top level. Not his fault really. 

• Thanks 1

I’m happy with that half of football. It’s just been a typical semi-final and needed the goal that Vardy might have provided.

But we’ve been the better side so far and, the big difference from recent games, we actually have players who can change the game.

Maddison will surely arrive at some point and Albrighton’s energy could be crucial when players begin to tire. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

No colours - already told you that chaps!!

I am sat amongst a group of about a dozen city fans about three yards to the right of Southgate (the manager, not the London borough ) 

It was just a hunch on the wax jacket, very home counties lol

I've got a feeling Rodgers started Ricardo on the left thinking Walcott would start for them. And Ricardo looks uncomfortable in that position having not played there in ages. 

Reckon we up the passing game in terms of precision and speed and we'll create more. Did that when Perez tried to lift the ball to Iheanacho and we had a 3 on 2 pretty much. 

Should target Diallo more. Soucek got booked early on last week and we didn't target him to make fouls and get the ref to make a decision. Should do the same for Diallo. 

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I don't think Perez has been terrible actually. For me it's Kelechi who hasn't been in the game and Vardy looks fairly sharp in terms of his movement I think would benefit from going up top alone. I think I'd go Maddison for Iheanacho.

We really could do with some more width as well, do we really need 5 defenders here?

we've all been loving nacho recently but he's so limited, he's a goal poacher and that's all, when he drops deep he offers nothing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1