Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man Utd 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Guest ttfn

Fantastic second half after a pretty poor first half.

That was obviously a significantly weakened United side but getting a win in those circumstances will give everybody a lift before Saturday. Hopefully Chelsea stumble tomorrow...

As I said in the match thread tonight was all about the result not the performance.

I didn’t think we’d get either at HT. Thankfully we got the result.

2nd half was an improved performance but still far from good, it was a slow, sloppy and quite poor in both halves from both teams.

When they were making their subs I feared the worst I really did, I felt we needed to be leading in the 1st half, we’ll before they made any subs, we weren’t.

Ironically the moment they made the subs we scored!

Hopefully that settles the nerves for the rest of the season and gives us some confidence ahead of Saturday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Highlight of the game. 79 minutes. MRS “DINER IS READY” I peg it in, grab a hand full of pasta and just scoff it whilst swearing and running back to the lounge. Apparently I’m a twat. 

Starve and watch the game you part time pete

That performance took guts, composure, discipline, belief, skill and a bit of luck. As horrible as Friday was, the turnaround was stunning. Massive credit to our backline. Besides Soyuncu taking his eye off the ball first half (which gave me a sinking feeling) and being fooled by Greenwood, they were excellent.
I was impressed with the sustained spell of possession leading up to our second goal. So much patience and composure to just keep probing and waiting for the right move. Ironic that we ended up scoring from a corner - especially given this season's context.

The table looks good - let's hope Man Utd give Liverpool more of a game and that we can finish the job against Chelsea.

Just the matter of a small final first...:scarf:

• Like 1

Another strange game with Utd being tepid in the second half and us switching on after about 60 ish minutes, to pile on pressure to get the goal 

Huge win for us tonight. That’s a major step toward CL qualification for the club 

We can now go into the FA cup final with the pressure off to some extent

👌