Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

'Survival Will Be A Success' - Top

Survival in their first campaign back in the Premier League will be a success for Leicester City next season, says vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha.

Aiyawatt, known as Top, said City were looking to build on a good first campaign back in the top flight and vowed manager Nigel Pearson will be given all resources necessary to achieve it.

Top said the owners have big plans for the club after survival in the first season, and his father Vichai has been quoted as saying he wanted City to be competing for a top-five place within three years.

"We want to make the team strong," said Top.

"It may take time but the team we have got now, and with a few recruitments, I think the first season we just have to aim to stay there. Then we will get stronger every season.

"We have been planning since the first day we came to the club for the Premier League and we have been trying to get everything ready.

"We are going to make the stadium better and make sure it can do more activities, not just football.

"We will talk to Nigel to plan for the team for next season and what we are going to do with players.

"I am ready to support the team and Nigel and his staff."

While some owners have been unable to resist interfering in team matters, City's Thai owners have notably taken a back seat and Top promised their low-profile approach would continue.

"Our management style is to let people do their jobs and we love to listen, and then make decisions," he said.

"We try to make everyone happy to work with a good atmosphere. We want to see the staff enjoy working for the company.

"They had to understand at first what we were trying to do. Over the three or four years we have changed the culture and the management style because, when we first arrived, it was difficult to say how we wanted it to change.

"Football has a lot of confidential things, but we are quite open. We listen to everyone every day.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-Survival-success-season-says/story-21110109-detail/story.html?

Saying all the right things again. 

Taking the back-seat, letting people do their jobs and not interfering much. Most importantly, 'listening' to others in charge.

:thumbup:

"We will talk to Nigel to plan for the team for next season and what we are going to do with players."

****ing hell, we were promoted months ago which was supposed to give us the edge in the transfer market, never mind get our own key players signed back up

Haven't even got the big man himself signed up yet who's free to talk to anyone else & no longer anything to do with us in just 10 days time.

I'm sure it will all fall into place, but c'mon!

I like that level-headed approach.

Keeps expectations down a bit and if we're performing and finishing better than let's say 17th, we'll all be delighted. Well, most of us.

Personally, I can see us doing quite well next season - however, keeping the words of the wise Bruno Berner in mind, I'd remain very cautious for the season after that.

Now roll on the new signings. :D

****ing hell, we were promoted months ago which was supposed to give us the edge in the transfer market, never mind get our own key players signed back up

Haven't even got the big man himself signed up yet who's free to talk to anyone else & no longer anything to do with us in just 10 days time.

Chill out!

I don't think you will hear very much about transfers until early July, most players who are out off contract this summer  are still under contract until 30/6/2014, I suspect this date will be the same for NP, (not sure where you got 10 days time from). I don't think NP will want the news of him signing a new contract until he has signed any current players he wants to keep and also who want to stay.

Once players have signed then you may get rumours especially from our own players resigning.

Pearson is on Holiday in Iceland at the min.

I hope the fans show a bit of patience and perspective next season. Remember that even after taking seven points from our first three games this season (inc 2 away matches), fans booed at half time in our fourth match (our second home game) against Birmingham, and while we were trailing 1-0, we hadn't played badly at all.

I hope the fans show a bit of patience and perspective next season. Remember that even after taking seven points from our first three games this season (inc 2 away matches), fans booed at half time in our fourth match (our second home game) against Birmingham, and while we were trailing 1-0, we hadn't played badly at all.

I agree. I was very disappointed by that. You should only boo when what you've seen is truly unacceptable - that first half was far from appalling.

Archived