Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

January Transfer Gossip

5 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Did we settle on whether silva can play for us in CL knockout if Sporting get knocked out (or go into Europa League)

It looks to me like there is no way he can play for us having already played for Sporting in CL this season, but it looks bloody confusing and i think people either gave up, or my point is so obvious nobody mentioned it again?, (or it is obvious he can play for us, and i missed it completely)

Can someone confirm please, preferably a few saying the same thing, if people disagree i'll just be even more confused ;o)

Silva would not be able to play for us this in the CL this season.

If we buy anyone who has played in the CL group stages, he cannot play for us in the CL.

We can register 3 new players for our 23-man UEFA squad in Jan. If we continue into the knockout phase of the CL, one of the three can have played in the Europa League.

If we fvck up and drop into the Europa League knockout stages, then we cannot register a new player who has played in the Europa group stages.

I do not know if we would be able to use a player who had played in the CL group stages (who's old team didn't also drop into Europa - if his old team did drop into the EL, then we would not be able to use him).

4 hours ago, stevenleic said:

Roque+Mesa.jpg

Looks like he'll provide some much-needed competition for Kingy in the coveted 'Top-Gurner' role.

30 million? When you see other english players such as John stones and Raheem Stirling being sold for 50 million each that means Drinky is definitely worth more than 50. He's more consistent than both of those two. 

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

30 million? When you see other english players such as John stones and Raheem Stirling being sold for 50 million each that means Drinky is definitely worth more than 50. He's more consistent than both of those two. 

Age comes into play - Stones is valued at £50m because some folks see some more potential in him at age 22. Same goes for Sterling, 21.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

The Drinky to United rumour surely has to be because we're playing them next.

If I was a player and Man U wanted me, and I wanted to go there, I'd play really well against them to show them what they are missing. Which would be good for us on Saturday. Alternatively, if I didn't want to go there and I thought they were trying to disrupt the team ahead of the match, I'd play really well against them to annoy them. Which would be good for us on Saturday. Either way, I am going to go and have a bet that DD scores :)

8 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

If I was a player and Man U wanted me, and I wanted to go there, I'd play really well against them to show them what they are missing. Which would be good for us on Saturday. Alternatively, if I didn't want to go there and I thought they were trying to disrupt the team ahead of the match, I'd play really well against them to annoy them. Which would be good for us on Saturday. Either way, I am going to go and have a bet that DD scores :)

I do hope he runs the show against them at the weekend. He's capable of it.

I can't imagine him playing for anyone else now, even to return to his boybood side. He's been through so much with us and he's on the brink of a regular England place if he keeps up his form and Big Sam keeps his head.

Archived