Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Ex-Leicester City player news

On 20/08/2016 at 16:04, TJB-fox said:

Knocky scored for Brighton 3rd game on the trot. 

They bloody love Knockeart down here (in the same way we did). I really think he deserves premier league football. Hope Brighton get promoted - They look very good from the little I've seen

• 2 weeks later...

I see Dean Hammond had his contract terminated back in July at Sheff United. Not sure why Wilder didn't want to keep him, who wouldn't want an experienced former premier league midfielder in the side at league 1 level. Wilder is hardly doing well wihtout him is he. Comes accross as an arrogant idiot.

Hammond hasn't found a new club yet which is a shame.

On 25 August 2016 at 09:56, Collymore said:

Bury might not be a bad move. Would imagine they'll be easily safe this season and looking to push for promotion to the Championship next season. They have great facilities and have a good infrastructure to be a solid club in over the next 5 years I think. 

He's banging them in there too.

Not news but dug up this

easy (or is it?) to forget

LEICESTER CITY boss Peter Taylor is delighted to have signed Junior Lewis on a permanent contract - after fending off interest from other clubs for the former Gillingham star.

Taylor has expressed his delight at the manner in which Lewis has adapted to football at the higher level
since arriving on an extended loan from The Gills, and gone some way to easing the impact of Neil Lennon's sale to Celtic

5 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Not news but dug up this

easy (or is it?) to forget

LEICESTER CITY boss Peter Taylor is delighted to have signed Junior Lewis on a permanent contract - after fending off interest from other clubs for the former Gillingham star.

Taylor has expressed his delight at the manner in which Lewis has adapted to football at the higher level
since arriving on an extended loan from The Gills, and gone some way to easing the impact of Neil Lennon's sale to Celtic

does everyone regard junior Lewis as the worst player ever to put on a Leicester city shirt? or can you name someone else?

On 16/09/2016 at 12:46, Tuna said:

I see Dean Hammond had his contract terminated back in July at Sheff United. Not sure why Wilder didn't want to keep him, who wouldn't want an experienced former premier league midfielder in the side at league 1 level. Wilder is hardly doing well wihtout him is he. Comes accross as an arrogant idiot.

Hammond hasn't found a new club yet which is a shame.

By all accounts he was absolutly woeful for them last year. 

Oooh, the whole 'worst player you have ever seen' at Leicester. I could name loads and although Junior Lewis was awful that was at Premier League Level, I think about players we had when struggling under David Pleat that brings shivers to even think of. Tony Spearing mainly, Marc North, Ricky Hill etc etc. Mind youhow Brian Carey was ever a Manchester United player I have no idea....

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

does everyone regard junior Lewis as the worst player ever to put on a Leicester city shirt? or can you name someone else?

We had some shocking players from 2004 - 2008. Take your pick. 

On a slightly different note, anyone remember that East Midlands radio program once a week with the Birch, Garry Birtles, Kenny Burns and an ex Derby player whose name escapes me. How long did that program last for? I just randomly remembered it.