Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Films That Terrified You

Jaws was nasty - but it's a testament to its makers that it holds the test of time so well!

IT really scared me big-time when I was a child. Blame the TV station for airing it not that late and my curiosity! Probably a reason why I don't like clowns anymore. lol

The Shining is just brilliant - and wonderfully twisted. A classic.

The Fly gets an honourable mention, thanks to its great visual effects. Same goes for the different versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (even the 50ies version is still spooky to this day).

The Thing - how can you forget the guy splitting in half or a hand being eaten by somebody else's stomach? lol

Later on, I found Event Horizon one of the darkest and most blood-thirsty films I've ever watched. The suspense element and the eerie atmosphere still get me to this day.

The only film that ever scared me, ironically as its a comedy film, is Mars Attacks. I watched it around a friends house when I was much too young. I used to get nightmares about my family being zapped into red skeletons. Ack ack ack.

Oh and Thirteen Ghosts, terrible horror film but again, watched it a friends house too young.

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm alright with films and that but oddly one of the things I can't watch that absolutely shat me up as a child is the Ghost Train episode of Thomas the Tank Engine. I'd genuinely struggle to watch it now.

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Can't be as bad as the one where they bricked Henry into a tunnel. Not scary but genuinely harrowing.

The one that creeps me out and still does is the one with the boulder that goes mental and goes down the hill trying to kill the trains.

latest?cb=20120206235417

*shivers*

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Hitchcock's The Birds.

I must have been about ten, and it frightened me so much that when I had to walk the dog afterwards I just hid in the garage for half an hour.

I remember watching that when I was younger, terrifying film. Kept my eye on the sky for a while after watching that!

Archived