Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Think he had a few sherbets when he wrote that did old Al. Stoke will be top 10 again this season like the previous two seasons, however it'll be a whole lot harder with other teams splashing the cash ( west ham, castle, palace ect) and our lack of investment..

No argument with that here.

Cant be the only one who rates Tomlin.

He ran the show regularly for Middlesbrough.

Sums up the obsession with physique again. He's quite blatantly a good player.

The Premier League rewards players with a footballing brain and those who require a bit more time on the ball.

He'll do well.

Overweight? <laugh> If he was overweight there is no way that he'd be playing Premier League football. Looks can be and are deceiving. My best mate is as skinny as a rake and can't run up the stairs without getting out of breath.

Heroin messes you up.

The Premier League rewards players with a footballing brain and those who require a bit more time on the ball.

He'll do well.

Overweight? <laugh> If he was overweight there is no way that he'd be playing Premier League football. Looks can be and are deceiving. My best mate is as skinny as a rake and can't run up the stairs without getting out of breath.

It's about far more than having a footballing brain. No offence but Jeff Schlupp didn't win the City awards last season due to his 'footballing brain'.

It's also about athleticism, stamina, pace and strength.

Tomlin is an ok footballer. Whether he's good enough for the Prem is a big shout IMO.

We'll have to see.

And if you don't think he's overweight at this level, you ain't looking. Has he slimmed down? Recent photo would help.

Bourmemouth will be good fun this season. Will score a lot of goals and have a go. Can see a similar season to Blackpool's.

Agree with this.

If you're a gambling man, I'm guessing that 'goals over' will be a good shout in the Bournemouth games.

I think they'll score and concede in equal measure.

Howe is a good manager though.

tbf most said the same about us cos we won the championship attacking like we couldn't give a shit. we then absolutely bottled three quarters of the season and ended up playing a flat back 5 with two midfielders who didn't go forward. 

They tragically wont unfortunately. They will maintain their role of being midtable with those barely recognising twhether they are even there or not.

To me, Stoke are a bit like the guy in work who tries really hard to improve himself and impress his co-workers when in reality no one would even notice if he quit.

You're completely right (whistle)...

I'm sure you would love what stoke have achieved in the last 7 years in the Prem for Leicester;FA final, reaching the Europa league knockout stages narrowingly being beaten 1-0 to Valencia, And not to mention steadily improving season after season to become an established top 10 team..

But you're Leicester city, you belittle every team in the leauge based on absolutely nothing and act like your the only team in the league with ambition.

Thumbs-up though. .

Edit: stoke are actually receiving rave reviews from the majority of the media, especiallyw now we have 4 soon to be 5 ex barca players.

I wish all the best for Leicester in the upcoming season, thoroughly likable team ( apart from the deluded few on this board)

I'm sure you would love what stoke have achieved in the last 7 years in the Prem for Leicester;FA final, reaching the Europa league knockout stages narrowingly being beaten 1-0 to Valencia, And not to mention steadily improving season after season to become an established top 10 team..

But you're Leicester city, you belittle every team in the leauge based on absolutely nothing and act like your the only team in the league with ambition.

Thumbs-up though. .

Edit: stoke are actually receiving rave reviews from the majority of the media, especiallyw now we have 4 soon to be 5 ex barca players.

I wish all the best for Leicester in the upcoming season, thoroughly likable team ( apart from the deluded few on this board)

Tbh, I find it a bit weird when we get fans of other teams posting regularly on here.

Are you banned from your own forum, or are you just some sad-sack Billy no-mates like Lamby?

Thumbs-up though. .

We were like that 15 years ago but we buggered it spectacularly, you haven't which is to your credit. Lost one manager and improved in the next appointment.

Plenty of us know where we are in the world and are happy to be patient, don't tar us all with the same brush.

It's about far more than having a footballing brain. No offence but Jeff Schlupp didn't win the City awards last season due to his 'footballing brain'.

It's also about athleticism, stamina, pace and strength.

Tomlin is an ok footballer. Whether he's good enough for the Prem is a big shout IMO.

We'll have to see.

And if you don't think he's overweight at this level, you ain't looking. Has he slimmed down? Recent photo would help.

Eh? your argument folds before you've started. Cambiasso won the player of the year award due to his physique did he?

I'm not saying that he's not overweight (I know I wouldn't call myself overweight at his build) but he's shwon for Posh and Boro that he can run about for 90 minutes in the fastest paced league in the world.

Tomlin isn't an OK footballer. He's a Premier League footballer who has proven himself to be so after many quality seasons in the lower leagues.If he had the speed and pace of Jeff Schlupp then he'd be too good for us.

Eh? your argument folds before you've started. Cambiasso won the player of the year award due to his physique did he?

I'm not saying that he's not overweight (I know I wouldn't call myself overweight at his build) but he's shwon for Posh and Boro that he can run about for 90 minutes in the fastest paced league in the world.

Tomlin isn't an OK footballer. He's a GOALS footballer who has proven himself to be so after 2 decent seasons in the lower leagues.If he had the speed and pace of Jeff Schlupp then he'd be too good for us.

fixed

Eddie Howe on the radio on the way into work this morning, already spouting the usual "we have a tiny budget compared to everyone else in the league". Didn't stop you dropping £7 million on Gradel did it Eddie? Not to mention the £8 million on Tyrone fvcking Mings. 

Everyone loves the little old Bournemouth shit.

Its mainly because of Howe who is a likeable manager as opposed to their play on the pitch to be honest.

And £15 million for those two players is outrageously bad business.

Archived