Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

He scored the goals that got us promoted, he scored the goals that kept us up, he scored the goals that won Leicester City the premier league.

If that's not enough, what will be? He's not a Leicester fan and he arrived in professional football late, he's got a couple of years left, he probably wants to reach as high as he can before he retires.

I'll be disappointed if he goes, I want him to stay, but he's well and truly earned the right to make this decision without suffering the wrath of city fans.

He only scored the goals for us because he was here FFS.

:D

Yeah gotta love Claude, but he does talk more sense than Ty! If I was a Leicester fan I would be more peeved if he stayed tbh. Would he stay on the same salary as before the Arsenal offer came in? I doubt it, he's milking the situation.

I'd be far more peeved if he left. Having a guy who just scored 24 league goals and is key to the way we play is only gonna help us next season.

That's Rich you have that useless twat Walcott a pay rise to keep him when any other big club would have sacked him off

There is something quite ironic about a club who has lost its soul trying to buy the soul of another smaller team

I hear our dinner ladies have been tapped up now lol

Erm no it was AW that gave Walcott a pay rise not the fans. We know he's shite. If you are happy for a player to cream another £40k a week out of your club then that says a lot about modern day football.  

He scored the goals that got us promoted, he scored the goals that kept us up, he scored the goals that won Leicester City the premier league.

If that's not enough, what will be? He's not a Leicester fan and he arrived in professional football late, he's got a couple of years left, he probably wants to reach as high as he can before he retires.

I'll be disappointed if he goes, I want him to stay, but he's well and truly earned the right to make this decision without suffering the wrath of city fans.

He also Had some dire periods don't forget.

How many goals did he score the season before last.. 4 wasn't it?

We almost offloaded him to WBA for 5m?

He's had ONE amazing season (along with our entire squad).

Now if thinks he's Lionel Messi and wants to join a Glamour Club...

But only Arsenal are interested!

What can he do at Arsenal that he can't do here though? They won't will the CL next season, he's won the league with us and we could have a real go at the FA cup next season.

I might be being naive but I don't think any of those three points I made there are unreasonable.

Oh, I personally think Arsenal is a shocking move for the guy for so many reasons. Mostly that they can't keep their players fit and they bottle everything.

But that's not the point.

The point is that if Vardy wants to play for them, he's earned that right.

If Vardy thinks they're a bigger club with more chance of making an impact in the league and CL next year than Leicester then he'll hardly be alone world wide.

If we come close to Arsenal offer and he still leaves , will his reputation with us be tarnished for ever ?

Not in my eyes. Even if the financial offers are identical, he still has a big decision to make. The chance to play for an elite club. If he stays, he may regret not taking this chance. It's a gamble either way, but if he leaves, then his reputation as a Leicester legend is intact.

I don't blame him for wanting the money that a title winning standout player deserves. When you look at some of the shit that earn mega bucks at the big clubs, it's unsurprising to think he would want some of that. As will the other key players.

:D

Yeah gotta love Claude, but he does talk more sense than Ty! If I was a Leicester fan I would be more peeved if he stayed tbh. Would he stay on the same salary as before the Arsenal offer came in? I doubt it, he's milking the situation.

A lot of us just want to keep the team together to watch them in the CL. It's naive, even romantic but that's what we want - to see the Champions stay together

Morning, general consensus in North London is Vardy is playing games with his contract, his agent's must have seen £ signs when Arsenal first showed their interest. If he genuinely wanted to sign for us he would have done so by now.

Leicester have come back with a counter offer, which in my opinion is exactly what he wanted(and possibly his agent). So how do Leicester fans feel about it.. Until this is resolved, the angle shooting allegations won't go away certainly from our side.

Vardy will be in all sorts of a dilemma, it came as a shock that he was on the verge of leaving as we all thought he'd be the one that would stay out of Kante, Mahrez and himself. Reasons being his age, pedigree and just general demeanour, he's also gone on record many times how happy he is here. It's taken him a long time to get to the top and he nearly packed it all in not once but twice, most recently the year we signed him when he struggled to cope and wanted to quit the game.

He persevered with us and we've turned him in to one of the best finishers in England with a style of play that no other striker in this league can do as effectively right now. It's built by a whole team though and without that he's nowhere near as effective. In the season we escaped relegation he struggled and Pearson didn't utilise him in the same fashion, it's only since Ranieri came in that he's truly become an absolute weapon.

So there's the dilemma, he knows how valued he is here. The fans and club adore him and the whole squad are united, built to get the best out of him. But he's got an offer of £140,000 a week for 4 years at a massive club with so many star names. It's a huge temptation, a once in a lifetime chance after years of being a nobody. Do you snap their hand off but risk flopping and falling further than where he is now or stay put knowing his delicate confidence and career is more secure at Leicester, he'll be handsomely paid by us and we've got an unbelievable season ahead of us.

Can he afford to give us one more year and see where it takes him? The money is probably not what's driving this, he knows he'll get £100,000+ a week with us. It's the chance to get a prestigious move which although tough for us Leicester fans to swallow, is something we're still not seen as and would take another shit load more trophies.

I think he'll stay but whatever happens I hope he doesn't go on to regret it if he does. If he goes I wish him well and I hope we don't then see an exodus and a changing of the guard and inevitable return to mediocrity. It's hard to not dream of us now mixing it at the top for at least a few more years and losing your best players just makes you realise how impossible it is to do what we've done and to then sustain it. We will try though.

This is his dilemma - he thinks he deserves to earn big money, and when you consider his contribution to the team and compare it to other players at big clubs who earn considerably more than him, you can say that he is justified in his thoughts.  I have no problem with this.  

I believe that he would like a "big club" contract at Leicester but we simply might not be in a position to offer it (taking into consideration rules about increasing the wage bill and the knock on effect of having to give everyone else a massive wage hike).  We must stay sustainable for the long term.

On the other hand, I don't think he wants to go to Arsenal.  He surely knows that theiir style of play doesn't suit him like ours does and he doesn't seem like a London lad.

If Leicester can't come up with the goods, I have a feeling he would prefer a move to Man City.  It is closer to his Northern roots and gives him Champions League footy and really big money.

We are  too early in the transfer window for him to simply have to choose between us or Arsenal.  He is keeping his options open which tbf, I would do too.

This is his dilemma - he thinks he deserves to earn big money, and when you consider his contribution to the team and compare it to other players at big clubs who earn considerably more than him, you can say that he is justified in his thoughts.  I have no problem with this.  

I believe that he would like a "big club" contract at Leicester but we simply might not be in a position to offer it (taking into consideration rules about increasing the wage bill and the knock on effect of having to give everyone else a massive wage hike).  We must stay sustainable for the long term.

On the other hand, I don't think he wants to go to Arsenal.  He surely knows that theiir style of play doesn't suit him like ours does and he doesn't seem like a London lad.

If Leicester can't come up with the goods, I have a feeling he would prefer a move to Man City.  It is closer to his Northern roots and gives him Champions League footy and really big money.

We are  too early in the transfer window for him to simply have to choose between us or Arsenal.  He is keeping his options open which tbf, I would do too.

That's what i don't get. Arsenal must be the worst destination for the way he plays. You can't play quick ball over the top from the edge of the opposition box.

Archived