Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

I'm resigned to the fact that this will be Kaspers last ever season with us. He's destined to play in The the CL year in year out. And I'd hold no grudges over him leaving because  he's been dedicated to the cause 100% every season.

• Like 2

Guest Cujek
3 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

So, bigger question: Ron-Robert or ?

Who do we buy?

God no, get Hart in, if he don't cock up to much I could just about cope with his smug face

5 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

Still to this day can't believe how easily Leeds let him leave

Simon Grayson was their manager at the time and apparently didn't think he could help them get promoted and persuaded Master Bates to flog him when we offered a mill. Good old Larry.

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I'm resigned to the fact that this will be Kaspers last ever season with us. He's destined to play in The the CL year in year out. And I'd hold no grudges over him leaving because  he's been dedicated to the cause 100% every season.

Sadly I agree with this.

• Like 1

He has improved enormously in the past two years, every inch an elite goalkeeper now. Bear in mind that Liverpool, Arsenal, United and City will all need new keepers in the next year or two, there's no way he finishes his career at Leicester. The most inspiring thing of all is that I think Kasper would be reluctant to leave despite those clubs.

There's no such thing as perfection in life. Cars. Houses. Footballers. Relationships. Shoes. It doesn't matter. Nothing is perfect. But I honestly believe that this guy, for our club and our style of football, is about as close as a goalkeeper could come to that mark. 

Genuinely think he might stay if Shakey gets the job FT. Kasper was supposedly one of the ringleaders and one of CS' biggest backers, and you can see just how much this team means to him - look at his celebrations by himself when Morgan tapped in for instance. Pure passion.

The only (British) club I think he might leave for is Man Utd, as that's his boyhood club and theres the obvious family link. However he (and his dad) has said before that he hates being compared to Schmeichel Sr., so maybe he'd like to see out his career and become a legend (he already is) for us instead. Maybe wishful thinking, but with the bond our team has I can see it happening.

If one of the truly elite clubs like Barca, Real or Bayern come knocking then who knows.

What a wonderful goalkeeper. As a lot of you have said this will probably be the last season he has with us and i wouldn't even begrudge him for leaving. His shot stopping is second to none, commanding of his box also, his distribution on the counter as well. We've not had a consistently good goalkeeper of his ability for so long. And £1m. He's worth 30x that now.

What a guy.

Minus the kicking which has just become quite a funny aside now... he's incredible.

He said it himself, he's come from League 1 to last night with us. He deserves to move on to a consistently top team next season and I think he will.

OPERATION PICKFORD COMMENCE!!!!

Jordan Pickford is the closest i've seen to Kasper at that age, some of the stuff he does and the command of his defenders at his age is near identical to Kasper 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1