Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Shakespeare

Just now, Strokes said:

Still need a couple of points I think, or it might get a bit twitchy.

Oh definetly, I agree!

I was in the camp of wanting Stoke and Watford to win (Or atleast draw - Draw would have been a better result probably) today, although they're above us and catchable i'd rather be safe for sure and that would have been helped by Stoke and Watford winning today.

On 21/04/2017 at 08:41, seenitall said:

Missed this....clubs who appoint in house coaches after a name manager always live to regret it - I'm sure there are success stories but I don't see one in the Premier League or at any of the top Championship clubs so perhaps lower Championship? League 1? Staying in the Prem is not a delusion of grandeur, it is where we belong  - players sign for managers and clubs showing ambition - we get neither of those bonuses if we appoint Craig, fine man though he is.

Either clueless or a troll, I'm undecided on this poster.

5 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Either clueless or a troll, I'm undecided on this poster.

Campaigned for several years claiming Pearson would never get us back to the perm followed by Pearson would never keep us in the perm so either or he's very good at it.

He's done very well since his appointment, there's no doubt about that.

Clearly he has the backing of the dressing room and is popular with the players.

On the tactical front, he's got it right most of the time but I have been a bit disappointed by some of his substitutions - e.g. in the second half against West Ham, and even in the second half against Atletico at home when I think Chilwell was the wrong choice.

I think he's got a good chance of getting the job full-time...but I wouldn't be surprised if the owners take a look at more experienced candidates as well.

The key question, of course, is whether they are going to trust him (as a first-time manager) with millions of pounds to sign players. I know we have a DoF as well, but clearly the manager has a big say in who gets signed - is he ready?

Our summer recruitment was nothing short of a disaster last time round - millions spent on players that have been plagued by injury or not good enough for the first team, with a total failure to strengthen our defensive options.

Also I suspect that with the owners, his familiarity among the players may actually count against him. Some of them still refer to him as "Shakey" during interviews and I suspect they might worry about whether he has the kind of authority over them to drop/discipline them next season if things go wrong.

17 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

He's done very well since his appointment, there's no doubt about that.

Clearly he has the backing of the dressing room and is popular with the players.

On the tactical front, he's got it right most of the time but I have been a bit disappointed by some of his substitutions - e.g. in the second half against West Ham, and even in the second half against Atletico at home when I think Chilwell was the wrong choice.

I think he's got a good chance of getting the job full-time...but I wouldn't be surprised if the owners take a look at more experienced candidates as well.

The key question, of course, is whether they are going to trust him (as a first-time manager) with millions of pounds to sign players. I know we have a DoF as well, but clearly the manager has a big say in who gets signed - is he ready?

Our summer recruitment was nothing short of a disaster last time round - millions spent on players that have been plagued by injury or not good enough for the first team, with a total failure to strengthen our defensive options.

Also I suspect that with the owners, his familiarity among the players may actually count against him. Some of them still refer to him as "Shakey" during interviews and I suspect they might worry about whether he has the kind of authority over them to drop/discipline them next season if things go wrong.

I thought Chilwell was pretty good when he came on. Amartey for Morgan was the sub I could be argued into questioning, as by that point we were going for it as we needed 2 goals by that point with 10 to go 

36 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I thought Chilwell was pretty good when he came on. Amartey for Morgan was the sub I could be argued into questioning, as by that point we were going for it as we needed 2 goals by that point with 10 to go 

But at this point Morgan was struggling to walk more than a few steps without stopping, why leave a man on who can barely walk off the pitch? And Amartey was our only reasonable option, without more shuffling of the team 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But at this point Morgan was struggling to walk more than a few steps without stopping, why leave a man on who can barely walk off the pitch? And Amartey was our only reasonable option, without more shuffling of the team 

Maybe he's trying to say shakey could have brought gray on for Morgan as a more attacking sub. 

Imagine if Shakey had subbed Gray for Morgan, though, and Athletico had seen the obvious weakness and rushed straight for the kill and ended the game right there and then. We'd all be complaining Shakey had destroyed the glimmer of a chance we had left. It was hardly an obvious and risk-free decision and not something I feel was an obvious mistake.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Imagine if Shakey had subbed Gray for Morgan, though, and Athletico had seen the obvious weakness and rushed straight for the kill and ended the game right there and then. We'd all be complaining Shakey had destroyed the glimmer of a chance we had left. It was hardly an obvious and risk-free decision and not something I feel was an obvious mistake.

Yes.... psychologist have show us thst people feel bad if feel their actions cintributed to a bad outcome like 29000 people fealing you blew it (this seems obvious) ... and so they avoid actions that might lead to regret.  But may be you have to be brave to win respect. .... its a balance.

Imo when morgan went off we were creating enough up front.... we had just 3 at the back.....we didnt want to risk conceding.  I think he got it right but we'll never know

On 19/04/2017 at 22:30, seenitall said:

Or getting a point at Goodison or beating Palace - yeah......or no, 1 point from 6 is good right?

You're just a massive tool aren't you? 1 point from 6 isn't good on the face of it, but given there's not really anything to play for, and they were two away games against form teams days before some of the biggest games in our history, that can be excused. 

31 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Shakey is what he is... if he us measured in his response then there wiĺl be times when thats right and times when its wrong.

Overall i want himto have the job so we can get on anddo the right business in the summer.

What I find funny, are the posters, who question the managers/Shakespeares subs, then actually Ludricously believing their own ideas,

Would be better and win us the games....lol

His main priority is to keep the good form going.

However, he also needs to give Mahrez in particular as much encouragement as possible now.

I keep hearing from many people ''Mahrez will probably go now we're out the Champions League'' etc, but I believe this isn't the case as it appears he's quite happy living here and has settled down.

But as long as Mahrez feels valued within the team and wants to be a key component of the side, it's up to Shakespeare to try and stick to this idea.

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

His main priority is to keep the good form going.

However, he also needs to give Mahrez in particular as much encouragement as possible now.

I keep hearing from many people ''Mahrez will probably go now we're out the Champions League'' etc, but I believe this isn't the case as it appears he's quite happy living here and has settled down.

But as long as Mahrez feels valued within the team and wants to be a key component of the side, it's up to Shakespeare to try and stick to this idea.

I can never decide on what will happen with Mahrez. One point I'm hearing stories saying Mahrez will definitely stay until the Summer or Christmas (implying afterwards he'll be out) and other times I'm seeing him retweet 'please stay mahrez' tweets. From what I've heard about him personally he sounds outrageously modest for his talents and achievements. I wouldn't bet against him staying. But on the other hand I wouldn't bet against someone tempting away the incredible long term prospect Gray. I think Shakey has to give them both time.

Amartey came on for his height at set pieces. Gray would obviously have created more but as we were launching everything up top I didn't think bringing Amartey on was an odd choice. What he did with Ulloa and Chilwell and changed to 3-5-2 was nearly a masterstroke, the man is getting almost everything spot on right now.

Archived