Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

When was the short break Shakey took while Vardy has been here?

He left with Pearson to Hull, did he not?

Or was that before Vardy joined? Might have got the dates mixed up...

Stop all this crazy talk at once!

i don't wanna hear it.  It feels like the end of an amazing journey this summer.

for the owners this is their biggest problem.

players are ageing, some may wanna a fresh challenge elsewhere, vultures will start hovering.

this bunch of guys truelly are a unit like no other.

they are still more or less the same collective that have battled for so many amazing seasons.

the fans and the stadium too have given us an identity as strong as atletico's.  We are feared and respected not just in England but around the world.  As a Leicester lad living and supporting from California I salute the players and the fans for this proudest moment.

now the big question is do we disappear into the history books or we bottle this genie and we go again next season?  I know what I want!

'leicester till I die'

12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Wouldn't worry about Vardy.

Mahrez and Kasper are the ones who look like they're off.

Owners will think differently though.

Any idea where they'd go and who would replace them?

Gray for Mahrez?

Pickford for Schmeichel?

18 hours ago, Max Power said:

Don't see a big club paying what it would cost to buy him, especially at his age.

Got big hugs from Simeone at the end though, maybe they'll go for him. Miles better than Torres.

the same guy who waved the imaginary yellow card for vardy in the first leg?

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure he'll take it as personally as you tbh 

Everyone around me in SK1 was taking their cheating ways quite personally last night tbqfh!

I think he had his chance last season and has now missed it, I hope.

Based on early season form no-one would touch him with a bargepole and it has only been in the last couple of month he has turned up, he's done brilliant to get him tally up since, fair play to him but even so his early season form should and would be a big concern to other clubs looking to spend the money we'd be asking for.

The same goes for Mahrez imo, not the missed his chance comment but the this seasons form comment certainly, I can't see many clubs knocking on ther door for him, I was saying earlier the only thing clubs might think regards Mahrez is his poor form might make clubs think he's worth a cheeky low bid (I'm thinking £25 - £30m), but we should only accept a big offer, if we don't get what we value him for (£40 - £50m+...and I being ott there?), If he gets upset that we reject a low bid, well that's his own fault for not pulling his finger out this season.

I'm deluding myself saying Kasper won't go because he seems to genuinely love it here, real passion but he probably deserves to move on, I do think he might stay though, although i've slagged Kasper off (Mainly for his kicking, his goalkeeping is great) he would be greatly missed and hard to replace.

22 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Without Mahrez we have players who can step into his shoes.

Without Vardy we'd have to change the way we play as a collective and that's easier said than done.

This exactly. Vardy is the most important player in the team. The whole tempo of how we play is pretty much dictated by him.

I'm sure clubs will come in for him and to those saying his wages are an issue, utter nonsense. Sanchez at Arsenal rumoured to be demanding 340K per week. They could get Vardy for half that amount.

Personally I'll be amazed if he is here in August. Same with Mahrez and Kasper and quite probably Ndidi.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

This exactly. Vardy is the most important player in the team. The whole tempo of how we play is pretty much dictated by him.

I'm sure clubs will come in for him and to those saying his wages are an issue, utter nonsense. Sanchez at Arsenal rumoured to be demanding 340K per week. They could get Vardy for half that amount.

Personally I'll be amazed if he is here in August. Same with Mahrez and Kasper and quite probably Ndidi.

Nobody will pay £30m+ for a 31 year old on 100k/week. He'll be here.

Our owners are businessmen. They will only sell if another club meets our valuation, and to us he's invaluable. He's our talisman, our driving force- the owners won't sell unless it's an astronomical price, and no one will pay that sort of money for a 31 year old.

3 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Nobody will pay £30m+ for a 31 year old on 100k/week. He'll be here.

We'll see. If he wants to go he will go. His goals took us to the title last season and that alone would pay back the transfer fee. He's got at least two more years at the top level.

On 19/04/2017 at 21:08, reynard said:

Wouldn't want to read you on a pessimistic day! :( 

On 19/04/2017 at 15:53, Xen said:

He left with Pearson to Hull, did he not?

Or was that before Vardy joined? Might have got the dates mixed up...

Well before. Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh went summer 2010, came back November 2011, we signed Vardy the summer of 2012.

He's 30, and speed appears to be a big asset for him and that often causes the opposition defence into panic mode.

Obviously as players age, they often decline in terms of speed (though Lloyd Dyer seems to still have pace and he's older, albeit in a lower league).

I still live feel, even if/when he loses some pace, he'll still be quite vital due to his technique in front of goal (ie. strong desire and knows where the goal is).

But another factor is, in particular now after our CL exit, whether Vardy wants to stay - especially as we won't finish in the top-four?

He and his wife don't really need the money tbh due to other sponsorships going on and still think his wife (and possibly his agent as well) is somewhat trying to urge him to move to a different location (ie. London). :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's 30, and speed appears to be a big asset for him and that often causes the opposition defence into panic mode.

Obviously as players age, they often decline in terms of speed (though Lloyd Dyer seems to still have pace and he's older, albeit in a lower league).

I still live feel, even if/when he loses some pace, he'll still be quite vital due to his technique in front of goal (ie. strong desire and knows where the goal is).

But another factor is, in particular now after our CL exit, whether Vardy wants to stay - especially as we won't finish in the top-four?

He and his wife don't really need the money tbh due to other sponsorships going on and still think his wife (and possibly his agent as well) is somewhat trying to urge him to move to a different location (ie. London). :unsure:

See I don't think he will lose his pace. Generally you're right in terms of players losing pace as they get older however Vardy didn't have the academy training did he like others have had 

I think we will be safe with Vardy however i would love to see Mahrez dissapear for a healthy profit - An obvious lack of effort and desire all season. I wouldn't be suprised if he already knows he is leaving. Certainly playing like it.

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I think we will be safe with Vardy however i would love to see Mahrez dissapear for a healthy profit - An obvious lack of effort and desire all season. I wouldn't be suprised if he already knows he is leaving. Certainly playing like it.

Can't say I'll be glad to see Mahrez go but can't really argue with your other points

Vardy would be class at Atletico...but no way he's leaving. Him and Schmeichel will stay, can see Mahrez leaving, wouldn't be surprised if he already has a deal in place. Aside from Mahrez, I think the only players leaving will be ones we're looking to sell- maybe musa Mendy etc.

Archived