Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

1 minute ago, eddylcfc said:

Genuinely believe we win comfortably if Shinji starts. 

Mahrez has, and never will work playing in the number 10 role.

Not convinced Claude, not convinced.

Mahrez mardy face at being taken off. Need to create a pattern of play now without him I'm afraid. This wasn't it.

Chilwell was bought on to protect Fuchs

Slim was brought on too late.

Shinji would've spent the entire time on the floor and touching the ball very little. We've got a tall team but they played the air and beat us there.

And Kasper is getting worse with his kicking.

Game of two halves.

We get the penalty and score it, game over. We didn't, should have pushed on, but lousy second half. Goal conceded at worst possible time. Crowd getting behind their team (put us to shame (by which I mean home fans)) made a difference.

Our team is in transition and it'll take some time to iron out the kinks.

The biggest thing from this though is this...

City fans only seem to remember the last 45 minutes of any match.

Another game where key things went against us at crucial moments, which if they went differently would have resulted in a vastly different result.

Should have had a pen which would have put them to bed, and an individual error on the stroke of half-time gave their fans a reason to shout. From there on in it was inevitably going to be an uphill battle. 

Should have won. That wasn't enjoyable to watch but given the circumstances after 45 minutes, you have to take a point. 

Looked like  side in transition tonight. West Ham were highly motivated and didn't make it easy for us. Kasper never had to make a save and was an easy point gained. Am sure the manager will have learned plenty about the side on this showing.

Shit.

****ing shit.

Started ok, got the early goal that was so important then sat back, defended, soaked up West Ham's pressure.

A disgrace.

The commentators claimed we were the better team in the 1st half, can't say I agree, it was all West Ham.

2nd half, exactly the same, did we even attack? Have a attack? Or even attempt to move forward in the 2nd half?

Even if somehow we'd managed to win I'd have these opinion, but to win we'd have need to attack, which was never gonna happen.

****ing disgrace.

Diabolical.

If I knew we were simply going to concede the 2nd half and let Man City play around us in the 2nd half, i'd have gone home at half time.

If knew we were simply not going to even try and attack or doing anything in the 2nd half against West Ham i'd have switched over.

....I see a pattern emerging here.

Fuming.

Wasted chance. Had them wobbling on the ropes and stopped throwing punches. Agree with commentator we seem to be over thinking at times at expense of using instinct. More passing and possession is fine but when a break is on don't slow it down with unnecessary passes.

Utter shit and the blame has to go to Puel. We want to win the game and he brings on Chilwell? Mahrez was crap but he was better than Gray and then he doesn't bring on Slimani until injury time. He's trying to turn us from one of the best counter attacking teams in the country into some second rate possession based side. The times we passed it backwards when there was a forward ball on. I'm really starting to worry about this guy, I don't think we'll be relegated but we'll be bottom half under him. 

Just now, Nod.E said:

Another game where key things went against us at crucial moments, which if they went differently would have resulted in a vastly different result.

Should have had a pen which would have put them to bed, and an individual error on the stroke of half-time gave their fans a reason to shout. From there on in it was inevitably going to be an uphill battle. 

Should have won. That wasn't enjoyable to watch but given the circumstances after 45 minutes, you have to take a point. 

I'd respectfully disagree, on balance a draw was a fair result.

Just now, hackneyfoxx said:

Comment from Jamie Gallagher -  Leicester thinking too much - no instinctive play in second half....  which reflects badly on Puel.  And Mahrez pissed off to be taken off, he wasn't any good with final ball - but always capable of bringing some magic 

Mahrez was in no way today able to bring anything. He missed his chances in the first half and disappeared in the second. Unless he learns to keep it simple he'll never have any realy influence on the game. Rightly subbed off. His worst performance of the season.

So frustrating to see that whenever we have the ball in the midfield on the wing, we always pass it back. Albrighton was a little pussy today, had so many opportunities to play it in forward and he bottles it like a mongole

Archived