Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Changing name of Leicester City's stadium could net £2.7m a season

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

12p a share...how times have changed, what would they be worth now?

24 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

It's what the suggested value of the sponsorship deal would be if we went for one. We currently get no revenue.

I thought king power sponsor the ground and it was done that way so the owners can indirectly put money into the club which isn't counted in ffp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dayday said:

So all them years I thought i was going to Filbert Street it was actually the City stadium, to be honest I have never heard of that before.

The ground was officially city stadium

Unofficially to fans it was filbert street

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I like King Power stadium. We're advertising a brand like most others. But it represents the people who've done incredible things for the club. With the amount of money flowing through the league I like how at least this has a human element to it.

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Irritates me when it's referred to as the KP, they make fooking crisps.

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Filbert Street was a great stadium; amazing atmosphere with a hell of a lot of history, character and so so many great memories. [...]

I guess my point is, KP isn't going to change anytime soon, and we really don't need that extra money now.

It's our club! It's not disrespectful to our excellent owners to push for our own history to be recognised. All I want is a little bit of our club to remain pure and untouched by corporate greed. Just one little bit...

I don't care what it's called as long as it has potential to be a proper historic name in future....

Something local or unique to us. Anfield. Old Trafford. St James' Park. St Andrews. St Mary's. Goodison. Stamford Bridge. Villa Park. Roots Hall. Turf Moor. Carrow Road. I don't care what just not named after a brand. We are Leicester and our success means we should be confident enough to push for a truly historic proper name for our haloed turf. A sponsorship deal cheapens us as fans, our brand and our football club it doesn't strengthen it.

urban.spaceman you are right 'we don't need the money' so why not change it and the sooner the better. Even Raw Dykes Stadium is better than KP :)

Our history is important. Without that we are nothing. Long live the phenomenal memories we have already had at Filbert Way!:

Edited by zealot
  • Like 2

The owners would never sell the naming rights!

Personally I can’t stand all these ridiculous sponsored names but it’s just another example of clubs selling their soul to the highest bidder!

When we originally moved from Filbert St it was going to be called Filbert Way but as we were desperate for Cash we sold out to Walkers who wanted to call it “The Walkers Bowl”!!! 

On 13/02/2018 at 14:23, urban.spaceman said:

We've hosted the Champions League at the King Power - incredible nights under the lights that we'll never, ever forget.

They had to change it to the "Leicester City Stadium" for the Champions League.

King Power did not supply enough back handers were not an official sponsor to UEFA.

Or something.

The City Stadium was commonly known as Filbert Street due to its location.

What is now known as King Power Stadium was commonly known as Freeman's Wharf whilst under construction due to its location.

Why did we stop calling it Freeman's Wharf as that's where it is ??