Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves H Post Match Thread 2-0

I'll stick this in here as the match thread go locked as soon as I posted it.

Wolves are a poor man's Arsenal. Sure some of those players are very good with the ball, but they aren't so good without it. Problem is the calibre of player isn't good enough to get away with it unlike Arsenal at times.  And for all the signings, they still have the likes of Doherty and Bennett who's quality will let them down. We had the same when we came up, thinking the likes of De Laet etc were the dogs bollocks, but they couldn't cut it at a higher level.

• Like 1

Well played by the team. Good tactics by Puel. I think we have a bright future with the young squad and he is known to bring on youth. I can see this is how he wanted us to play last season. I am firmly Puel in.

Red or not who cares. I have faith in Iheanacho to do the job. We just don't have any depth if he gets injured. That needs to be looked at. I am sure Puel wanted more strikers. Let's hope the club can deliver.

• Like 4

Wasn't pretty but job done. 

Ricardo was immense. Chilwell and Mendy for me had a good game. 

Creativity is an issue for me. Mendy and Ndidi can offer a solid base but if the 4 in front of them don't create it's going to lead to games like today. 

• Like 1

Great result and decent performance imho. So pleased for Mendy. Looked a real player today. Uncle Claude working his magic. Vardy incident a bit odd - think the Wolves player made contact with him rather than the other way around. Still, modern football, too much contact. 

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Vardy will be very angry with the referee ..... Player arrives late, then goes into a tackle that JV has already won ..... Free kick the other way round.

Vardy didn’t even complain. Knew he’d fvcked up and walked straight off.

• Like 4

Excited by our side, young team, interesting play, we have some exciting years ahead.

Mendy - Great game, was everywhere, just a little time to tidy up and he'll be great.

Ricardo - Super game, he is going to be fantastic

Chillwell - Tight and threatening overlaps

Ndidi - got the ball all over the park

Exciting young team

• Like 4

Brilliant result. Hope a few on here can see past their hate for Puel to recognise a good 3 points.

Thought Mendy was brilliant considering his history at Leicester. Puel can take a lot of credit for that, nobody even considered him and he comes in and does a good job. Two other signings by Puel are looking standout players for us, Maddison and Periera. Evans will be good.

Vardy's tackle was a red. No idea why he decided to go in so hard, just completely stupid. 

The commentators can **** off.

Edited by lgfualol

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Wasn't pretty but job done. 

Ricardo was immense. Chilwell and Mendy for me had a good game. 

Creativity is an issue for me. Mendy and Ndidi can offer a solid base but if the 4 in front of them don't create it's going to lead to games like today. 

Where we win 2-0?  Excellent, going to win the league. 

• Like 1

Rode our luck for sure, but it was a decent enough performance.

Maddison looked great once again and was impressed with Chilwell. 

Not sure on Mendy, but willing to give him more time as I think he had a few nerves. 

Iheanacho has a chance now with 3 starts coming up!

As for the tackle... Mixed feelings. He obviously went in with more aggression than needed but he got the ball well before the follow through contact.