Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Maddison named in England squad

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Oh look, Chilwell and Gray aren't in the squad for the game that's not in Leicester. :ph34r:

Chilwell can probably feel a bit disappointed but Shaw's having his best ever season and Rose is still England's best LB

Good to see some players in form picked .

I see Chalobah has been selected despite only just coming back from injury and not started a league game yet ..

Will Hughes might consider himself unlucky .

Anyway probably start with Dier and Henderson away to Spain and Croatia..

Just now, Super_horns said:

Good to see some players in form picked .

I see Chalobah has been selected despite only just coming back from injury and not started a league game yet ..

Will Hughes might consider himself unlucky .

Anyway probably start with Dier and Henderson away to Spain and Croatia..

Hughes should be disappointed given Chalobah was picked ahead even with his form. 

But you're right, he calls up these players, but will most likely start with the old guard 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Typical big club bias. Was great for Norwich too, joins a PL club and suddenly he's picked.

It's difficult to choose a Championship player if they're performing well because the quality of players they're up against there is utterly different to the international scene.

14 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's difficult to choose a Championship player if they're performing well because the quality of players they're up against there is utterly different to the international scene.

I think he was being sarcastic!

;)

Mount in from a Championship club though.

As I say doubt many of these guys will play much more than a few minutes as subs given the games they've been called up for.

• Like 1

We really should try and get a name for promising young English players.  If a young player looks at us and sees us giving people a chance and that they are rewarded with call ups we really could become a more attractive proposition than ever in our history.  And I don't say that in Hard Brexit way, if we can do it with young players of every nationality it would be amazing but just more difficult. 

Well done James.

X

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Hughes should be disappointed given Chalobah was picked ahead even with his form. 

But you're right, he calls up these players, but will most likely start with the old guard 

Chalobah and Hughes are different players.

Hughes is in contention with the likes of Sancho, Maddison and Mount.

I personally would have picked him over Mount. I think he's been picked on the hype of being a Chelsea youngster playing under Lampard. I personally disagree with his involvement and I disagree that players shouldn't have to be playing in the PL to get into the squad (so I don't think Chalobah should be involved).

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I honestly think this is a bit too early, his input so far from open play has been relatively limited. The talent is there, so long as he's embraced in the camp and given time then fine. But if it's one call up and then bombed out again if he has a quiet game I don't see the point.

I read somewhere that Southgate was considering him last season at Norwich, so he’s obviously highly thought of by the England staff. Looking forward to what he can do in the formation a lot of us want to see us implement. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

What have we got to lose, we'll never win anything with the midfield we've been playing for a few years now at senior level. We might as well try and progress the young talented lads early.

This. Times 10.... The inference in the whole 'England don't play in a way to utilise Vardy' schtick is that that they do play in a way that utilises the skills of Kane. But the midfield don't provide anything meaningful for either of them, hence a world cup where against anyone decent the latter spent half his time 30-40 yards away from goal shielding the ball. The excuse for Kane was that he was 'tired' or injured. When you've got two regular 20+ goals a season strikers struggling the answer lies elsewhere, with an utterly unproductive midfield. Wouldn't be quite so bad if they contributed goals themselves, but Alli, Sterling and Lingard's record on that front is atrocious too.

• Like 2