Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnes coming back

Just now, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Interesting stats on our wingers.... Ghezzal isn't as bad as people making out when you read that

skysports-leicester-wingers_4547700.jpg

He's barely started though, I agree he's not been as most on here have said but he's usually came on when we've been chasing a game which will sew his numbers.

Just now, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Interesting stats on our wingers.... Ghezzal isn't as bad as people making out when you read that

Whereas Demarai is. Ghezzal's 14 Chances Created for 571 minutes, comparded to Marc and especially Demarai is quire impressive actually

4 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Just further demonstrates how little progression Gray is making.

We really have been so patient with him but he just isn't doing enough to suggest he will be a top Premier League winger.

I think if he can't make some meaningful breakthrough in the next 16 games, he could find himself pushed down the pecking order once more and struggle to get enough game time next season. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

He never has been. He’s no world beater by any means but people had made their minds up before he’d even kicked a ball

Gray is starting to prove the potential he has. Sadly that potential is nowhere near what us fans expected, maybe even Gray himself. I would actually say he’s more likely a championship player long term. He’s stats have always been poor even at Birmingham 

• Like 2

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Gray is starting to prove the potential he has. Sadly that potential is nowhere near what us fans expected, maybe even Gray himself. I would actually say he’s more likely a championship player long term. He’s stats have always been poor even at Birmingham 

Sadly he just hasn’t progressed to the potential he has (or we think he has/had). I’d happily sell if someone came in for him in the summer 

12 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Sadly he just hasn’t progressed to the potential he has (or we think he has/had). I’d happily sell if someone came in for him in the summer 

I think he'd likely develop and thrive in a different formation with the right players around him. Not writing him off yet.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I don't know whether these stats back me up or not, but I do suspect that Gray has regressed from last season (rather than simply standing still). 

He's had a bigger bite at the cherry too - he's started 54% of our league games so far, compared to 44% last season. 

I think he's one of those players who needs to crack on pretty soon or else maybe people will conclude he can't cut it in the PL?

Even if that happens though, he was probably still worth the risk given he only cost £3.7m - which is nothing these days for a young winger. 

At the end of the day, for that kind of investment you have to accept there is a risk someone won't make it...

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

He's in the unfortunate situation of sharing a position and nationality with a certain departing player from the same window.

Even though - as I keep saying - he's clearly been bought as ready-made improvement on Diabaté, he's always been compared to Mahrez who was one of the best players in the PL the last few seasons. Totally unfair on him, and whilst he's had some poor games he's been better on average than Gray at least. He looked good against Burnley, scored vs Newport, was positive against Southampton etc., and yet he was booed as he was coming on to the pitch. People have already made their minds up on him and it'll take a seriously purple patch for him to win anyone over.

He's in the unfortunate situation of being utterly shite.

No idea why we've got to make excuses. We paid good money for a winger that isn't quick, can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross and can't control a football.

He isn't good enough. Simple as.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think he'd likely develop and thrive in a different formation with the right players around him. Not writing him off yet.

To be fair to him he’s played under three managers since he’s been here which doesn’t help, but compared to the progression of the other young players, he  hasn’t progressed. He still is to selfish with the ball, and his decision making is too slow for me. He’s still young and got time on his hands, but you would expect him to st least be learning from his mistakes rather than repeating them over and over. I hope he proves me wrong ??

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Who was it that said ghezzal is no worse than albrighton or gray???

For any further information, please check his bashing thread or the post below yours.

Gray has certainly improved his defensive work rate but is still stalling when it comes to decision making in the last third.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

For any further information, please check his bashing thread or the post below yours.

Gray has certainly improved his defensive work rate but is still stalling when it comes to decision making in the last third.

I know Gray hasnt lit the world on fire this season.  But in 45 minutes against 10 man Southampton the only move that led to a goal came from him and Ricardo combining to set up Ndidi

Yes he's not always come up with the goods, but in the context of our squad he's not as bad as people make out

53 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Exactly what brings you to this conclusion? Serious question Swan.. because I’ve absolutely nothing to suggest this. As I’ve said before he’s the embodiment of the phrase flatters to deceive and perhaps in that I’ve answered my own question. 

5 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I know Gray hasnt lit the world on fire this season.  But in 45 minutes against 10 man Southampton the only move that led to a goal came from him and Ricardo combining to set up Ndidi

Yes he's not always come up with the goods, but in the context of our squad he's not as bad as people make out

No he's not but given the chances he's had to show something, my patience is wearing thin. Puel directly slotted him in the starting XI, droppping Albrighton in the process, when he was appointed.

Ghezzal's bashing is on a whole other level though and the fans booing him when he's subbed on is simply disgusting. I'm not a particular fan of his and consider him as a squad player nothing more but boy, the level of irrational hatred towards him is on par with Puels.

Back on topic, the perspective of Gray, Barnes and Maddison finally clicking gets me really excited. Can't wait to see with they can do.

• Like 3

Gray can beat a defender and threaten a back line with pace.  Then spray a crap shot or errant pass.  Ghezzal can distribute nicely.  But the next time he puts a PL fullback on his ass will be the first.

Put them together and you’d have the player we need.  However, what we actually have are one each, very decent backup quality winger and #10.

Gray at least still has time to develop.

19 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

18 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's in the unfortunate situation of being utterly shite.

No idea why we've got to make excuses. We paid good money for a winger that isn't quick, can't pass, can't shoot, can't cross and can't control a football.

He isn't good enough. Simple as.

Looks better in the ten position than out wide.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Gray can beat a defender and threaten a back line with pace.  Then spray a crap shot or errant pass.  Ghezzal can distribute nicely.  But the next time he puts a PL fullback on his ass will be the first.

Put them together and you’d have the player we need.  However, what we actually have are one each, very decent backup quality winger and #10.

Gray at least still has time to develop.

How much time though?

Ghazzel may be older but he's new to both the PL (where most new players struggle with the pace) and the country.

Gray is now in his 4th season of PL football and although there's a culture shock in coming from Birmingham .....