Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

In fairness to Gray he did have a good match against West Ham when we played our second string lineup.

But with his contract running out the club has a decision to make this summer. I'd be telling him he can find a new club since I'm sure our recruitment team have identified some wide men to bring in. He hasn't flourished much under Rodgers which is a real worry. 

Genuine question - what do you guys think his level is? Lower Prem or decent championship side?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tanya said:

In fairness to Gray he did have a good match against West Ham when we played our second string lineup.

But with his contract running out the club has a decision to make this summer. I'd be telling him he can find a new club since I'm sure our recruitment team have identified some wide men to bring in. He hasn't flourished much under Rodgers which is a real worry. 

Genuine question - what do you guys think his level is? Lower Prem or decent championship side?

Championship, maybe get back in the prem if he has a few good seasons there.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Shepshed Dynamo.

• Haha 1

He couldn’t impose himself on a slightly weakened top half championship team. He hasn’t got the speed of thought to be a top level player.  Hardly ever a one touch pass always 3-4 and the pace at the top doesn’t allow that unless you are really special 

• Like 1

Looking forward to him having a couple of decent cameos against confidence-sapped opposition and people saying “see! All he needed was [another] chance!”

He’s been here 4 years now (he was part of the title winning squad ffs). He’s got one of the best head coaches in the world to learn under and his improvement in that time is utterly trivial, not just to when Puel was manager but compared to when he first arrived. 

Sell him, he might well have a good Premier League career somewhere else but he’s an asset with *some* value and is clogging up a spot in the squad.

Edited by ttfn

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Harvey has had a run of starts to recover some form and confidence ......dimi rarely gets two starts as he is never forgiven for his meh performance .....Brendan sees them in training and clearly feels dimi doesn’t do enough ....... would be good for him to get a three/four game starting run to get some rhythm .

Gray is about 2 years older and has started about 3 times as many games for us as Barnes. I was reading/hearing “all he needs is a run of starts” about 3 years ago.

Puel him that chance repeatedly. That Rodgers has prioritised Barnes’ development tells its own story.

Edited by ttfn

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Looking forward to him having a couple of decent cameos against confidence-sapped opposition and people saying “see! All he needed was [another] chance!”

He’s been here 4 years now (he was part of the title winning squad ffs). He’s got one of the best head coaches in the world to learn under and his improvement in that time is utterly trivial, not just to when Puel was manager but compared to when he first arrived. 

Sell him, he might well have a good Premier League career somewhere else but he’s an asset with *some* value and is clogging up a spot in the squad.

It happened earlier on in the season, around the time we beat Palace at Selhurst - and plenty on here were hankering for him to start. He isn't very good, reasonable squad filler but that's about it.

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

I think Gray should either go out on loan or be moved on, Championship player at best.

Cant loan him out unless we get a replacement as we are short of wingers. He'll leave permanently in the summer as his contract is up in 2021.

He really is another version of Jeff Schlupp.

Comes up with the goods here and there, but overall his end product isn't good enough and he has the brain the size of a pea.

He isn't good enough, move him on and get in a quality winger that we are desperately craving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Gray's career has stalled somewhat in recent seasons. He should be a regularly first-teamer but he hasn't shown the promise he is capable of

I think he has shown what he is capable of, and that is mainly the issue. He isn't good enough, the right wing is the position we desperately need to improve.

Can see him going as a makeweight in a summer deal and as such we may never hear what his valuation was (insert your £1 joke here). Fans of other clubs tend to rate him but youtube clips and MOTD highlights are one thing, reality is another, £70 million plus Gray for Zaha perhaps, even though Hodgson won't be able to ask for him in person.

Thought today Rodgers could have switched Perez and Gray for a while to try to do something different and give Brentford something different to think about, it might have helped them both and the whole side in that long spell where they were nullifying us. Think Rodgers was more interested in seeing Perez in the central role for a sustained period and he had started well.

• Haha 1