Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bezzanator89

Demarai Gray

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? I thought Iheanacho was fine. One-two minor ****ups but generally positive. Got into a few great positions, won the penalty, score the first goal, would have had another if Albrighton had got an extra metre or so on his throughball to him earlier on.

His touch at times was dire , he still doesn’t work hard enough pressing from the front but ya over all it was a decent game from him , he scored and could have had a couple more , but the fact remains I was in the stand he got a lot of groans and abuse at times and rightly so 

I like him now , I think he is trying and Rodgers is working a miracle with him , but he still needs to work harder and improve key areas of his game 

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

His touch at times was dire , he still doesn’t work hard enough pressing from the front but ya over all it was a decent game from him , he scored and could have had a couple more , but the fact remains I was in the stand he got a lot of groans and abuse at times and rightly so 

I like him now , I think he is trying and Rodgers is working a miracle with him , but he still needs to work harder and improve key areas of his game 

I thought the pressing was tactical rather than individual effort, thought his movement at times was reminiscent of how Vardy sits on the shoulder of the last man. His touch was a bit inconsistent though yeah.

Gray had a good game yesterday. I wasn't at all confident when he stepped up to take the penalty kick - potentially Iheanacho would have taken it if he hadn't just been clattered - and it was a weak effort. However, fair does to him as that was the only black mark against his name yesterday and he picked himself up, looked sharp and scored the winner. I would love to see him consistently put in performances like that over 4-5 games as like others have said he's more than capable - hopefully yesterday wasn't another false dawn!

4 hours ago, shailen said:

Yesterday's goal reminded me of a sterling goal where he would make that outside to inside run and great composure in the finish. That's what he needs to do more of. 

I think we need to calm down a bit. Sanchez just let him in to score, didn't even break out of a jog in the entire phase of play. Watch the video on the last page, even the centre back points and he does nothing, possibly the worst defending you'll see all year.

3 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Gray had a good game yesterday. I wasn't at all confident when he stepped up to take the penalty kick - potentially Iheanacho would have taken it if he hadn't just been clattered - and it was a weak effort. However, fair does to him as that was the only black mark against his name yesterday and he picked himself up, looked sharp and scored the winner. I would love to see him consistently put in performances like that over 4-5 games as like others have said he's more than capable - hopefully yesterday wasn't another false dawn!

He won’t be playing West Ham reserves every week 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think we need to calm down a bit. Sanchez just let him in to score, didn't even break out of a jog in the entire phase of play. Watch the video on the last page, even the centre back points and he does nothing, possibly the worst defending you'll see all year.

Agreed the defending was shambolic but that run is the hardest type of run to defend against and its what makes the Man City and Liverpool wide forwards so good as they make that run all the time. 

It's something I think Gray is capable of doing more of and if he can he could make that position his own and improve our attacking threat. Gray has got a lot of stick from our fans and so should get praise when he plays well. 

11 minutes ago, FLAN said:

He won’t be playing West Ham reserves every week 

Nope but credit where credits due for a good performance and a match winning goal. Anyway, like I said, it's always been about if Gray can apply himself consistently. 

• Like 2

You’ve to reward some of the shifts put in yesterday, very hard to come into a team and play after limited pitch time but just walk into a makeshift one where nearly everyone is in the same boat and go on the road and pick up 3 away points in the PL is impressive.

Gray has had chances, been good in some, been shite in others this year for me. But pen aside he looked good yesterday. 

If we are ever gonna get the best out of him, he at least needs to rewarded when he has a good game and be given the opportunity to build on it. It’s not like we have anyone else in the wide positions in electric form.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Really? I thought Iheanacho was fine. One-two minor ****ups but generally positive. Got into a few great positions, won the penalty, score the first goal, would have had another if Albrighton had got an extra metre or so on his throughball to him earlier on.

Nacho has 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games. Should have got up and taken the pen too. For me Gray just needs to think less and do what comes naturally. When he came here he used to use his pace and go on the outside of defenders. Since then he's become this indecisive player. Hopefully Brendan can make him more trust himself more and be direct. 

12 hours ago, sm1 said:

Nacho has 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games. Should have got up and taken the pen too. For me Gray just needs to think less and do what comes naturally. When he came here he used to use his pace and go on the outside of defenders. Since then he's become this indecisive player. Hopefully Brendan can make him more trust himself more and be direct. 

I'm glad Iheanacho didn't take the penalty tbh. If he missed that could have really messed with him. Credit to Gray, he didn't let it get to him at all

• 2 weeks later...

Did ok today but he got into a great position to cross and tamely rolled to their defenders. They broke and as they were almost ready to take a corner he was still ambling back to the halfway line 

that’s why I will never take to him 

11 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Did ok today but he got into a great position to cross and tamely rolled to their defenders. They broke and as they were almost ready to take a corner he was still ambling back to the halfway line 

that’s why I will never take to him 

Was still the best of the three wingers we played today. 

• 2 weeks later...