Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilmslowFox

Half the Arsenal Squad

So according to latest news reports (reliability far from guaranteed) half of Arsenal's players actively want to leave the club (including Lacazette and Aubameyang).

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-news-mikel-arteta-manager-aubameyang-transfer-latest-a9253511.html

I suspect I know the answer, but is there anyone you would take from the current Arsenal squad, if you could get them at a discount in the January Sales?

• Haha 1

Nope.

The only two that get in our 11 on footballing grounds are Laca and Auba and that's only as an RF and LF respectively, neither displace Vardy up front. That, for me, means playing Lacazette out of his natural position.

Both realistically probably think they're too big for Leicester and would price themselves out of a move regardless, in the case of Auba I'm not convinced I'd want him here anyway. He's a bit of an odd fish, I'm fine with a player speaking up for themselves and being willing to express themselves without being overly concerned about the politics of the sport and always having to be polite. But he comes across as a right diva, to be honest, he's had spats with numerous people over social media that have just painted him as petulant and difficult to work with. One of the best things about our squad has always been the character of it and I don't know how thrilled I'd be with him in there.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Nope.

The only two that get in our 11 on footballing grounds are Laca and Auba and that's only as an RF and LF respectively, neither displace Vardy up front. That, for me, means playing Lacazette out of his natural position.

Both realistically probably think they're too big for Leicester and would price themselves out of a move regardless, in the case of Auba I'm not convinced I'd want him here anyway. He's a bit of an odd fish, I'm fine with a player speaking up for themselves and being willing to express themselves without being overly concerned about the politics of the sport and always having to be polite. But he comes across as a right diva, to be honest, he's had spats with numerous people over social media that have just painted him as petulant and difficult to work with. One of the best things about our squad has always been the character of it and I don't know how thrilled I'd be with him in there.

Totally agree. Keep all divas away from our squad.

Saying that though you can't deny Auba or Lacazette's talents. No way Arsenal would let them go anyway unless it was for a crazy amount. They are the only reason they're not fighting in the relegation zone. 

Martinelli seems like a very good player.

Sounds mad but I'd only take Aubameyang if we were going to lose Vardy. I don't think they'd be a good partnership together so you'd just have 1 ending up on the bench; having said that it's a good alternative to Vardy!

Went to see (how shit) their squad is on Wikipedia. Then noticed this lol

image.png.2bb90dc9c8f23983e5c93865f03faf40.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonezy said:

Wow. These are unreal times. I am looking at the Arsenal squad and there is not a single player I would want. 

Aubameyang surely. Good player and his goalscoring record is unreal, especially when you consider he doesn't play as the main forward.

With the talk about Arteta going in there they actually think there going to be able lure high profile players in and more to point actually going to be given a decent budget buy players. January may to out to be frustating window for them, I mean top 4 is very unlikely a lot of high quality players will want more than midtable finish. I reckon the only reason they went for Arteta was because they wanted somebody to go in and improve the youth setup and look to improve gap between youth going in to the first team. I think there trying to copy Chelsea and seen what they have done since bringing Lampard. While if they had gone for Ancelotti he would have demanded a huge transfer kitty.

Edited by Leicesterpool

I have to agree to a certain extent, when you look at Arsenal's regular starting eleven, I'd have a hard time choosing a player instantly that would fit in here.

Main issue is mentality and attitude.

Neither Aubameyang or Lacazette would come here on their own free will - and we wouldn't want them to upset our own apple cart. Pépé has just moved to London, so no chance there. Martinelli? I like the kid, but we already have youngsters aplenty on the wings.

Their midfield is pretty rank. Torreira maybe, but then again, we already have Ndidi and Choudhury.

Back four - a mixed bag. There's a part of me that likes Mustafi, but how would he be an improvement over Evans/Söyüncü? Sokratis is better than him. David Luiz always out of position, Chambers usually out of his depth. Tierney's had a terrible time adapting to the Premier League. Kolasinac... Hmmm. There's one.

Bernd Leno another one, yeah. But at present, I don't see Schmeichel hanging up his boots anytime soon.

Edited by MC Prussian