Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

Let's be honest, our season has built on one run of form, we have been shite away from that. 

So easy to play against at the best of times, even more so when we start like that. If you don't make a mistake we don't score. 

We are not in the 4 best sides in the league, without a doubt. 

• Like 1

Dreadful performance again- sadly, that sort of level has become the norm.

Might sound defeatist, but I can't see how we're finishing above Man United and Wolves. It's been this way since December and I don't see how we get ourselves out of this tailspin.

We completely lack ideas and creativity, this possession-at-all-costs mentality is infuriating. How often do you see any of our players take a risk to try and create something? Surely Rodgers doesn't watch players cutting back, playing it safe every every time we go forward and see it as the way he wants us to play. I sincerely hope not anyway.

• Thanks 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

Credit to Brighton. Came with a game plan nearly pulled it off. Very much like us in the great escape. 

Unfortunately we do nothing to try and break them down until about 75mins and even then did nothing. 

At least one of the teams on the pitch had a game plan.

Just now, ttfn said:

It’s one thing not winning that game, it’s another thing playing poorly.

It’s another thing altogether not having a single shot on target at home to a relegation struggling side.

I’m surprised people aren’t more alarmed by how poor we are. 

Let’s face it we’ve looked like relegation fodder since December.

CL not happening 

• Thanks 1

There wasn't a single thing to like about that performance.

I can only assume we were desperate to not score today, I can't even think of a metaphor for how we played because even when you're at the park with your mates you show a bit of competitiveness and will to win. It looked like there was nothing to play for. Brendan should be ashamed of that performance and of himself for picking two holding midfielders in the middle and Maddison out wide. It's inexplicable and similar to the sort of thing Puel was rightly lambasted for.

I think the Champions League is gone now. Look at our form, look at Man Utd's form. Look at our performances since Christmas. Look at our fixtures. 

• Like 3

Last twenty minutes they looked utterly shattered yet our tempo remained tepid. 

Did we have a game plan today? Dan Burn can’t run for shit. Yet we never worked him in an one and one. We insisted on playing two defensive midfielders who can’t thread a ball through the lines. 

Absolutely ****ing rubbish. 

Brighton had an ounce of bollocks, they have kept at second half but went for a point 

As for VAR get ****ed, happy to back up a referee giving a decision from fifty yards in the first half but second half can’t be arsed to penalise the most blatant handball

Rodgers cost us that game. Puel would have been hammered for that 

What on earth was that formation first half?

Possibly the worst game I've seen Maddison for us. Vardy was anonymous again. Thank god the fans didn't have to endure that live in the stadium

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I have to say before logging off is that was ****ing dreadful! Wish they had voided the season tbh going to be very close for a top 4 finish now. Watford and brighton should be teams we are beating... and Brighton should have beaten us tbh... sorry for the rant/downer! I'm just pissed off!

That was painful. Like Puel ball, but all the players looked knackered/not arsed.

Awful from Brendan today, no idea why Mendy was there. No idea why it took him 70 mins to realise we needed a change.

Getting a bit shakey now, could easily see us bottling it.