Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

42 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Got Hasenhuttl written all over it. BR is having success here, you’d be mad to go to Arsenal right now from Leicester. 

Rumors here are that Hasenhuettl may be off to the Bundesliga...

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Evra has no filter at all does he lol:)?

we need more of this man

Evra is good viewing. He's like Roy Keane to a certain extent; says it as it is, splits opinion like marmite and guarantees Sunday afternoon entertainment.

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yep! I never really understand when managers leave sides in the Championship who are clearly on the up, for teams in the Prem who could go either way.

Like he literally jumped at the chance to join Brighton, when he could have stayed and probably built a team to take Swansea up.

I could understand someone like him joining and Everton or West Ham, but just don't see the attraction to take a risk like that on Brighton, where expectation will be high despite not having much right to be.

Stay at Swansea where their dated board are selling all your best young players behind your back to solve financial issues or move to Brighton who have a new stadium, significantly more wealthy, prem football, bigger attendances and to work on a long-term project of keeping them in the prem + advancing their style of football. No brainer

7 hours ago, peach0000 said:

The thing is that I would say (bias maybe) but Arsenal clearly have more talented players than Southampton where I'm not sure you could say the same about Leicester. Also money will come into it, Brendan is already one of the best paid managers in the world, Ralph is poorly paid by premier league standards, I believe he is one of the worst paid.

It's an absolute disaster of a club at the minute though.

Really not sure you can say Arse have clearly got more talented players than Southampton. The likes of Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka, and Lacazette have generally been poor since the Wenger years and their one genuinely world class player in Aubameyang has been awful this season. No real top level youth products coming through either. They need to ship out close to a dozen players most of whom will be on massive contracts and again most of whom will attract no offers. They obviously have shite owners who dont care, an agent based recruitment system having ditched most of their scouts in the summer apparently cos they needed to save money. You've got various personal issues going on with the likes of Ozil, Guendouzi and Xhaka as well, many other players comfortable and just happy to take an over inflated salary without putting in the effort. Constantly dissatisfied fan base too. Hassenhuttl or any coach in a decent job at the minute would be mad to go there!

Ralph Hasenhuttl to Arsenal maybe? couldn't do any worse than Arteta is but saying that I don't think it would be good move for Ralph. I mean Southampton got a chance to finish top six this season compared Arsenal situation who are aren't present in looking at a relegation scrap... if only.

3 hours ago, Gubbins said:

It's an absolute disaster of a club at the minute though.

Really not sure you can say Arse have clearly got more talented players than Southampton. The likes of Bellerin, Holding, Xhaka, and Lacazette have generally been poor since the Wenger years and their one genuinely world class player in Aubameyang has been awful this season. No real top level youth products coming through either. They need to ship out close to a dozen players most of whom will be on massive contracts and again most of whom will attract no offers. They obviously have shite owners who dont care, an agent based recruitment system having ditched most of their scouts in the summer apparently cos they needed to save money. You've got various personal issues going on with the likes of Ozil, Guendouzi and Xhaka as well, many other players comfortable and just happy to take an over inflated salary without putting in the effort. Constantly dissatisfied fan base too. Hassenhuttl or any coach in a decent job at the minute would be mad to go there!

In my opinion I think their main problem is that the have a manager who is unqualified and completely out of his depth. I would say the same about Man Utd but Ole as average as he is at least had experience before his job where Arteta had nothing as is being found out more so.

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ralph Hasenhuttl to Arsenal maybe? couldn't do any worse than Arteta is but saying that I don't think it would be good move for Ralph. I mean Southampton got a chance to finish top six this season compared Arsenal situation who are aren't present in looking at a relegation scrap... if only.

Gone are the days Arsenal can attract any manager to their poison of a club. 

They'll soon be replaced in the "Big six" rhetoric. 

The manager is not the problem at Arsenal. 

Edited by Adster